Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 5:59:46 PM EDT
It was good to see you guys again and meet a few more members here. I have been a member here for a while, but have never visited this forum(didn't even realize it was here) so thanks for the heads-up! I'll definitely be watching for the next meet as I just lucked up and happened to show up yesterday.  Look forward to seeing y'all again and shootin' some more! Mark
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad you came out.  I am in awe of your toys.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just lucked up and happened to show up yesterday.  

I think it was everyone else there who lucked up!  Watching that .22 rip off was great!  I had to restrain myself as I know that it's the start down that dark path that I just can't afford at this point in my life.  **Sigh**  Of course, if an MP5 came out........  

By the way, just out of curiosity, if someone were to have a custom built 91 clone, how hard would it be to put someone's sear and trigger pack into it just to see how it ran with a happy switch?    I have some Lake City .308 that I'd like to pelt the far end of the range with....

Anyway, glad to see you out there...  There's another thread with the start of a "when do we want to get together again" list going....

Woody
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Woody, It is not diificult at all to install the trigger pack/sear on the 91. It just needs the .308 ejector(15 second swap) and possible the .308 hammer spring(another 15 seconds). You would have to have a full-auto carrier and it may not be as simple as swapping it out becuase you may have bolt gap(headspcae) issues to deal with.  Most of the true HK guns are plug-n-play, but when you use a clone, you sometiomes have to play around with them a bit and get the timing right. You may have noticed the Vector 51 I had at the range Sunday and I was having some "timing" issues with it. It is built on a JLD PTR91 receiver and I am going to have to work on the sear trip lever to get it timed right. No big deal, just takes a little time.

Timing is everything in life too! I am fortunate to have my sons raised and on their own and since I had two of them go in the Marines, I was spared the expense of college. That gives me a little more disposable income to "play" with. I was also lucky enough to have bought most of my NFA stuff 4-5 years ago, and while it was expensive then, it wasn't near as bad as it is now.

Hopefully, I'll make it out to the range on the 31st. Look forward to seeing you there!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:56:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

IM sent at ya

Woody
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:22:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Woody, It is not diificult at all to install the trigger pack/sear on the 91. It just needs the .308 ejector(15 second swap) and possible the .308 hammer spring(another 15 seconds). You would have to have a full-auto carrier and it may not be as simple as swapping it out becuase you may have bolt gap(headspcae) issues to deal with.  Most of the true HK guns are plug-n-play, but when you use a clone, you sometiomes have to play around with them a bit and get the timing right. You may have noticed the Vector 51 I had at the range Sunday and I was having some "timing" issues with it. It is built on a JLD PTR91 receiver and I am going to have to work on the sear trip lever to get it timed right. No big deal, just takes a little time.

Timing is everything in life too! I am fortunate to have my sons raised and on their own and since I had two of them go in the Marines, I was spared the expense of college. That gives me a little more disposable income to "play" with. I was also lucky enough to have bought most of my NFA stuff 4-5 years ago, and while it was expensive then, it wasn't near as bad as it is now.

Hopefully, I'll make it out to the range on the 31st. Look forward to seeing you there!

mark ,

glad you made it out , although it was by chance . i really appreciate you letting us shoot your nfa toys, it  really cool of ya also i am glad to meet your son he is as nice as they come...also did the disc i gave ya work ok? scott
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:08:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Scott, No problem on the shootin' ! Remember, they're like pretty girls, "nice to look at, but built to be used".  You can't use my girl...but, you can shoot my guns anytime!LOL The vids worked good. The one of you shooting the 16/22 raining brass on the camera looks cool...C ya later!  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:50:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Scott, No problem on the shootin' ! Remember, they're like pretty girls, "nice to look at, but built to be used".  You can't use my girl...but, you can shoot my guns anytime!LOL The vids worked good. The one of you shooting the 16/22 raining brass on the camera looks cool...C ya later!  

sounds good to me... also let me know when you want your 16 coated and your uzi bbl threaded

oh and all the toys sunday made me scratch my itch for a new toy...gemtech tprs in 308

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top