Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 9:55:20 AM EDT
Security will be provided by a church - medical services are back in full swing in the area.  Thanks much to all of you who had great ideas and to those of you who wanted to help!
This is also posted in GD.

This is only a **tentative** proposal, ladies and gents.

If it is determined that there will be a lack of base camp security for our company's deployment to central Mississippi, the owner of the company I work for will be looking for solutions.

I informed him that I could most likely gather a half dozen people from this board, to form an informal security detail for our campsite.

I told him I could almost guarantee trustworthiness, especially of long time members of arfcom who have numerous references from other arfcommers.  I also told him that I could absolutely guarantee the legality of these potential employees being able to CCW in Mississippi.

These would be very low keyed, non-uniformed positions.  CCW in Miss or a state that has a reciprocity agreement with Miss, sleeved shirts, long pants, and perhaps work boots would be the only requirements.  Oh - and a willingness to sit, stand, walk around in a hot, humid environment for at least eight weeks.

People with no CCW **might** be permitted to fill these positions, but the would not be able to carry.

The pay would be good, but will not be what a crewman for our blue tarp roofing contract is.  No specific pay or hours have been set.  The hours that will absolutey have to be covered are 0700-1900 seven days a week.  You would be camping with us in a tent, camper, or motorhome at our base camp.  Tansportation, lodging, food, ect will be the responsibility of the employees.  If you could fill the position otherwise, but are *really* hurting on cash, we could in all likelyhood provide food and drink for the duration.

Here's a thread re: our disaster recovery mission: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=391690&page=1

Reply to this thread, IM me, or email me at [email protected] if you are interested or have any questions.  I would also be VERY interested in any  comments or advice from the arfcom hive mind.

Would love input from any Mississippi LEOs too.

We DO NOT know exactly where we will be, but it will be somewhere near the Hattiesburg area.

www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=&city=hattiesburg&state=ms&zipcode=

Thanks,

Tate
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#1]
The biggest question of all, asked via email - posted with permission:
I don't have a ton of posts on the board but have been a member for some time.

I am former Air Force currently working in the Banking industry. I previously owned and operated an armed security company in Texas. We Specialized in special event security and couriers. I am a curent CCW holder.

I would be concerned about Mississsippi laws concerning private security. Being familiar we Texas law, it is very strict concerning use of private security. My other concern would be the availability of Food/Water of if it would have to be bought in from outside the area and lodging (hotel, camper, or tent).

Thanks for your time.

John
I understand fully your concerns, John.  I am hoping that Miss would allow the rules to be bent during the recovery period.  I know for sure that Louisiana DOT has allowed the bending of the restrictions on carrying more than 100 gallons of hazardous material (gasoline) on their roadways due to the need for recovery efforts after Katrina.  I was hoping for some Miss LEOs to contact me re: this issue.  I tried to call the Mississippi DPS and pose the question, but was directed to  voicemail.  I would be hesitant to carry out this plan without some assurance that our company and its employees would not run into any trouble.  I will post your question with my reply on the board with your permission - let me know.

Tate
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Can anyone tell me where the Mississippi Attorney General's office stands on RKBA and actually following the LAW?

The open carry option would be a great deterrent to theft IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top