Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 6:37:59 PM EDT
Finally got by the range yesterday, in case anyone was wondering.  I took some pics, but they are in my other computer, and I'm too tired to get them out.  So here's my assessment.

Could have been worse, but pretty torn up.  Both of the covered range areas are missing a lot of cover.  The 50/200 yard range actually had the posts (BIG posts at that) come straight up about a foot out of the ground.  It's like the whole covered area from end to end just got a foot taller.

The power pole is leaned onto the roof of the trailer (no power, of course).  The bird houses are leaning over about 30* from horizontal.  There is some debris.  The fridge and freezer didn't make it.  They are outside the fence awaiting trash pickup.

The ranges themselves seem to be okay.  The only obvious steel missing is the deer.  It's up at the trailer now.  The #2 marker at the 600 yard line was either down or gone.  The rest seem to have weathered it okay.  The berms appear to be fine.

So bottom line, other than needing more sunscreen and having to yell to make the line cold, it's still a shootable range.

Mike, I'll try to get those pics to you by this weekend so you can put a special section on the web page if you would like.

So.....  That being said, when are we gonna try to get together?

Woody
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Mike, I'll try to get those pics to you by this weekend so you can put a special section on the web page if you would like.

Thanks.  That sounds like a good idea.

I'm off this Friday.  The next weekend I have off is the 24th/25th.

Thanks for the report Woody.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:40:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  That sounds like a good idea.

I'm off this Friday.  The next weekend I have off is the 24th/25th.

Thanks for the report Woody.

off this friday also
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Give me a call Friday if y'all wanna do something.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:54:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Give me a call Friday if y'all wanna do something.

will call ya later today ..may go about 2 or 3 to get out of the heat
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Had fun.  At least there was some cover left after Katrina.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:53:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Had fun.  At least there was some cover left after Katrina.

no joke ...ah well atleast you got to shoot all my ammo  

oh and i like the dvd's ...
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, I miss out on all the good stuff.  I worked Friday from 630am to 1000pm, followed up with a short Saturday, from 630am to 800PM.  At least I get paid by the hour.....

Woody
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:43:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Damn, I miss out on all the good stuff.  I worked Friday from 630am to 1000pm, followed up with a short Saturday, from 630am to 800PM.  At least I get paid by the hour.....

Woody

Are you free next weekend?  Wanna plan on meeting out there then?  I've got money and 2 DVDs sitting here with your name on it.  Is that enough of a bribe?  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:53:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woody

Are you free next weekend?  Wanna plan on meeting out there then?  I've got money and 2 DVDs sitting here with your name on it.  Is that enough of a bribe?  

we need more video for the range vid anyway..so i guess you an count me in
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:03:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

To be honest, I have no idea if I'm free next weekend.  We still have a few sites down (hopefully those will be back on the air by the middle of the week), but there's always the possibility that I'll be going to New Orleans to work on our market over there.  Hopefully I'll know more toward the end of the week.

Woody
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To be honest, I have no idea if I'm free next weekend.  We still have a few sites down (hopefully those will be back on the air by the middle of the week), but there's always the possibility that I'll be going to New Orleans to work on our market over there.  Hopefully I'll know more toward the end of the week.

Woody

call in sick...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woody

call in sick...

If I call in sick, they may figure there's no need for those preventative shots they have been talking about, and just go ahead and send me to New Orleans quicker.  

Woody
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#13]
sorry guys I missed the shoot this weekend...have to try next weekend if you guys are going out there.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
sorry guys I missed the shoot this weekend...have to try next weekend if you guys are going out there.  

Actually, we didn't meet this weekend.  Woody was in NO and I was working.  I did meet up with Scott on Friday.  We are planing for next weekend.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#15]
No problem...that would be great if we all could meet next weekend.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:22:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, we didn't meet this weekend.  Woody was in NO and I was working.  I did meet up with Scott on Friday.  We are planing for next weekend.

Hey now, not yet.  Let's not rush me off to disease and riot land.  I've actually still been doing mainly the Mississippi Gulf Coast.  I have something like 200 pictures from my travels so far.  I'm off today (Monday), and if I get enough done around here, I may run out there later today.  But this weekend sounds good to me if I can get free....

Woody
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey now, not yet.  Let's not rush me off to disease and riot land.  I've actually still been doing mainly the Mississippi Gulf Coast.  I have something like 200 pictures from my travels so far.  I'm off today (Monday), and if I get enough done around here, I may run out there later today.  But this weekend sounds good to me if I can get free....

Woody

Sorry about that.  I was going by what Scott told me.  Hope you can make it out.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woody

Sorry about that.  I was going by what Scott told me.  Hope you can make it out.

i was just wishing he would go to the disease infested place

just kiddin....
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

just kiddin....

Scott,

You just want my wife and my guns.

Woody
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

just kiddin....

Scott,

Woody

I wouldn't trust him with either!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

just kiddin....

Scott,

Woody

I wouldn't trust him with either!

why would i want a wife ?.....hell i will just take your guns

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey guys, Im staying in Moss Point by I10 for awhile, (till Decemeber) and I have Thursday off every 2 weeks, might have to try a shoot, but my Fiancee will be staying with me starting next week.  So it will be a month befor I could go to shoot.  Since I only have one day off every 2 weeks from work.  If you live close to 90 and are out of telephone service and just recently got fix, I might have worked on it.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
If you live close to 90 and are out of telephone service and just recently got fix, I might have worked on it.  

If you have T-Mobile, and have had service for a long time....  Sorry, I couldn't resist messing with the landline people.  

Woody
T-Mobile Sr. Field Technician
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you live close to 90 and are out of telephone service and just recently got fix, I might have worked on it.  

If you have T-Mobile, and have had service for a long time....  Sorry, I couldn't resist messing with the landline people.  

Woody

But what about all of the T1 lines you use?    Dont forget, the cell tower is connected to a landline.

Mad
Bellsouth Facility Technician, Cable Repair
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woody

But what about all of the T1 lines you use?    Dont forget, the cell tower is connected to a landline.

Mad
Bellsouth Facility Technician, Cable Repair

Not where we use microwave.  And after this latest storm, we have lots of microwave up now.  We are still over 90% T1, but the licensed microwave idea is catching on....

Woody
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey we give you guys 1 or 2 DS3's in New Orleans and i hear you guys may be getting a few more, maybe even a dedicated OC12.   Woody what the hell do you guys do with all that bandwidth?

Anyone going shooting this weekend?  I'm coming off active duty orders tomorrow and dont have to report to work until monday.  This is going to be my only free weekend for a while.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hey we give you guys 1 or 2 DS3's in New Orleans and i hear you guys may be getting a few more, maybe even a dedicated OC12.   Woody what the hell do you guys do with all that bandwidth?

Anyone going shooting this weekend?  I'm coming off active duty orders tomorrow and dont have to report to work until monday.  This is going to be my only free weekend for a while.

i am game....give me a call 8262728
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#28]
possible Friday afternoon...but Sunday is better for me...gimme a call ty, Scott, Woody, Mike, if you all can make it...or IM here...
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm planning on coming out Saturday around 11 am.  A co-worker of mine wants to go shooting.  I wont be staying too long because I have to be at work at 2:30 pm.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm going SUNDAY alittle after 3.   Should be a few other members meeting me there.   How many from here will be able to make it then?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm going SUNDAY alittle after 3.   Should be a few other members meeting me there.   How many from here will be able to make it then?

i will probally go if its not raining
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top