Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 5:32:38 PM EDT
I have four experienced, Illinois certified/FAE firemen and we would like to come down to one of the affected states and help, but we are having a hard time finding the right contact person. I guess New Orleans would be our first choice because it's the shortest drive.

We can serve as an engine crew or search and rescue. We have "first responder" medical training but we are not EMTs or paramedics. We don't want to be paid, just a place to pitch a tent and a meal or two a day. We will bring a lot of water and some food, but we will stay for 7-10 days and it's hard to keep that much food fresh.

Thanks, Andy
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Hoover, Al. fire dept just sent 62 paramedics to Miss. Might contact them to see who to contact about helping in Ms. Straight down I55 or I59
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:41:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Also try www.firehouse.com I was in touch with FEMA and was told theyhavew it all taken care of.
Now that was for ME has a person that just wanted to help, Maybe has a Company or Deot you might get in.

I am at my friends house  right now we are trying to get some other people who use to be EMT's together to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top