Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2003 6:45:28 PM EDT
A big thanks to everyone who came out today.  I had a great time and Amy was glad to meet you all.  I hope everyone had a good time!

I think I'll be sittin back for a while and waiting for the weather to cool off, but as soon as fall hits we'll do it again.

Thanks to all the Georgia guys that drove down, i hope to make it up to CE before too long.

Special thanks to Trogdor for all his help getting the kitchen stuff out to the shoot!

See you guys soon, and I cant wait to see the pictures.

LWC

ps.  all that tannerite kicked ass, almost as much ass as the_rejects chili will kick!!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:50:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The FALL? I cant wait that long!
Guess I should come today.
oh well...
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Just wanted to say thank you to

-lostwildcat
-beerslayer
-mguntony
-everyone else.......

For a great time today.  You guys are the best.

John
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:47:20 AM EDT
[#3]
THANKS TO ALL!! That just seems to not be enough words. My son and I had a great time, and enjoyed putting a face to the many names. Everyone seemed to be having fun including the ladies and the youngsters. My Glock FA and the Norrell 10/22 got a good workout as well as the T-50. Thank you all for the many favorable comments regarding my companies suppressors and suppressed weapons. We will be back again for the next event and will bring a few more mguns next time too, belt feds next time!!

Tony G
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:35:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a great time again. It was great to see the usual suspects and meet some new folks.
Special thanks to Ryan for hosting and chefin'.
To Mike and Mona for hosting and my new card!
Mona the jerky was great!!!
To Tony and son for bringing the fun toys.
I had a great time and am looking forward to the next shoot in the fall.

ARH

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Well,I had a pretty good time. And guess what? I'm makin more Jerky!!!!!!!!!!! Yummy!

Hopefully I'll have enough for everyone to take home next time!

Mona
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#6]
It was an awsome time, glad the weather turned out good. It was great meeting the folk again.

Trogdor...the burninator
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:44:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Just heard from john at the range.

We had some problems this time.

Brass.. Piles of 223 brass left on the ground

Trash.. Lots of garbage left on the berms from exploded tannerite.

LARGE tannerite bottles not allowed. Nothing larger than the film cannisters are allowed. The county made an inquiry to john about explosives and he is not permited for them.

Also NO tannerite anywhere but the 100 yard berm. Any closer is a safety risc with flying debris.

It was made pretty clear that these issues MUST be resolved for the next shoot or no more tannerite. Also PLEASE police you trash and brass.

Thanks,

mike
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I am glad everyone had a good time at the range.  Fun is the reason I put in the sweat here keeping the range up and running.  If I didn't enjoy it, I would find something else to do.  I have the best two jobs in the world. I own/operate the best playground in the world where the work I put in allows people to enjoy their firearms and friends.  I also am a Sgt. with Pleasant Grove PD and get to help someone with a problem almost every day.  Both jobs are very rewarding emotionally.  Neither job is very rewarding financially.  I did not take up either one to get rich.  I do it because I enjoy it.  

You guys are welcome here anytime you want to hold a shoot.  You make a lot of noise but, hey, that is what what shooting is about.  I did not hear any serious complaints from anyone during your shoot this weekend.  I was afraid that someone would complain about the big tannerite charges but no one did.  Mike does a good job of keeping things safe on the line.  A little supervision goes a long way to keeping everyone on the same sheet of music.  Thanks Mike for a good job.  After you all left, I took a look to survey the carnage and was pleasantly surprised.  There was no damage.  The berm looked like someone had worked it over with a tiller but I did not see any big problems.  There was a little garbage on the ground downrange, mostly from targets.  The ground to the right of the firing line had a nice golden carpet of brass on it. I sent one of the range officers down to the range you all used and he spent another hour or so getting it all picked up.  No big deal.  I know there was already some brass on the ground when you started.  Overall, I have no big complaints.  The range made a little money over the weekend and I do appreciate your support here.

The only real concern I have is the tannerite charges.  They sometimes were loud enough to shake the windows of the range office, and it is over the hill from the rifle range yall were on.  The film cannister sized charges were ok.  The ones larger than that were excessive for our proximity to a populated area, Pleasant Grove.  I do get along really well with my neighbors.  I have bent over backwards at times to keep them happy.  I want to keep it that way.  At the next supershoot you have here, please limit the size to film cannister size.  If I get the windows rattled again, I will have to forbid the explosive stuff.  I am in this business for the long haul.  When I retire from my day job, I wanna have this range to run and support me.  I do not want anything to jeopardise my business.  If we were a few miles further from town, I would not have any problems whatsoever with a few big booms.  I know it is a blast to set one off.  Lets keep them sane so my neighbors have nothing new to complain about.  

That is about it...  I do want to invite anyone interested to shoot an upcoming shotgun only practical match with us here on the fourth Saturday at 10:00.  It will be a USPSA like event with Vickers scoring (time used to complete each stage plus penalties = score).  It will be a lot of fun.  All you need to be competitive is a reliable shotgun, semi auto works best, with up to a 8 + 1 capacity, a few ammo holders for your belt, and a bunch of ammo.  Bring 100 rounds of birdshot and 20 rounds of slugs.  The 3 1/4 dram / 1 1/8 oz 6 or 7.5 load works best on the steel and the reduced recoil tactical slugs are desirable for the paper targets.  The birdshot is used for the steel plates and clay bird targets.  Plan on shooting six stages / scenarios.  The next month on the 4th Saturday will be a rifle only practical match.  You need 200 rounds of ammo, a few spare mags, and a good semi auto rifle.  I have seen everything from a lever action 44, M1 carbines, AK's, SKS's, L1A1's, 9mm AR's and Ar15's used with good success.  It just has to be relaible.  Optics will place you in open class and iron sights will keep you in stock or limited class.  We plan on feeding all who attend and shoot with us.  Match fee is only $10.  

Thanks again, Jon Grigsby
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:23:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Friends, I have known Jon since he took over the range from the FOP. Jon is a great guy to work with and to shoot with, he can clean your clock on the firing line too!!! The folks at the FOP range are top notch and always want everyone to have a great time and a safe one. I am confident that there will be many more events held at The FOP Range there in Pleasant Grove. Many thanks Jon, for the great range facility you have for our shooting pleasure and for the help you always offer. I will bring some belt feds the next time I come down and we can all get behind one of those fun guns too. Thanks again to all for the great time we had, lets do it again!

Tony G
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:37:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the info and the invitation, Jon.  Those shoots sound pretty good.  I’m going to see if I can make at least one if not both.

You’ve a great range there and we sure appreciate your hospitality.  We’ll make it a point to leave the range better than we found it in the future.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#11]
The rifle shoot sounds intresting, what is all involved with the rifle shoot?

Here is a like to some pics form the shoot.
webpages.charter.net/mduncan605/index.htm

Trogdor
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I also would like to thank Jon, I had a great time at a great range.

Ron Wojtylko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top