Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2010 3:58:16 PM EDT
http://www.whas11.com/news/local/2-pit-bulls-87156047.html

Good Shoot!

(WHAS11) - New Albany police are investigating what they described as a pit bull home invasion.

Two pit bulls attacked a neighbor's Irish setter, even chasing the dog into the neighbor's home.

The whole encounter is being called a freaky incident.  Apparently all three dogs co-existed peacefully for the past 13 months.

The owner of two pit bulls says his dogs were never violent around other dogs or people.

But something triggered an attack Monday that ended with one dog being mauled and another dog being fatally shot.

In a matter of seconds, a peaceful relationship separated by a backyard fence turned violent.

Albert Cross's two pit bull mix dogs, Sampson and Daniel dug out of their fence and attacked an Irish setter named Mufasa, who was in the yard next door.

Mufasa's owner, who doesn't to  be identified, said she heard a noise in her back yard, then looked out to see her dog being attacked by the two pit bulls.

“I just scared me so bad because they were treating him like a rag doll,” she says.

She said she ran outside to try to break it up.

“I was screaming bloody murder. I was screaming. My friend was in the shower. He didn't know what was going on,” she says.

She managed to free her dog.

“I ran into the house. The back door was open and then they all came in,” she says.

The woman managed to get Sampson out of her house, but as for Daniel, she says he continued to chase Mufasa.

“The black one was coming back in. He was coming back in after him. The police officer says when they taste the blood, they're ready to kill and turn on you too,” she says.

The woman's friend, who had just left the shower, grabbed his handgun and shot and killed Daniel as police say he tried to get back into the house.

Mufasa received multiple stitches for his injuries.

Cross has agreed to pay the vet bill and to give Sampson to a family that lives out in the country.

He says he had already planned to give the dogs away before Monday's incident because he felt like they needed more room to play.

Police say that it has been their experience that multiple pit bulls living together can sometimes exhibit pack mentality which can result in attacks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Speaking through an interpreter, Sampson snarled,"I'll be back!" into the microphone.
When questioned by reporters if this was a threat, he directed all inquiries to the law offices of Ruff, Mange, and Snout, who will be filing the wrongful death suit on behalf of his fallen friend.
He left no forwarding address, but is said to be hiding out near Gnawbone.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:34:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Once again a pitbull that was sweet & harmless goes on the attack.  When was the last time you heard some one say "That dog has always been mean"?  These dogs will turn on you at any time.  It is not always the owners fault either.   I see no problem with rounding them up and shooting them all.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:12:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Once again a pitbull that was sweet & harmless goes on the attack.  When was the last time you heard some one say "That dog has always been mean"?  These dogs will turn on you at any time.  It is not always the owners fault either.   I see no problem with rounding them up and shooting them all.  

agreed
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:15:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Hahaha, it took them 13 months to bury under the fence is why it took so long!

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:31:41 AM EDT
[#5]
"I won't be hounded by these vicious allegations!" Sampson snapped back from inside his fenced-in compound.

Sniffing around, investigative reporters unearthed a study by researchers Barker and Heel, funded by a grant from the Pointer Institute, which indicated a possible correlation between such distemperate behavior and associations with rabidly anti-Irish Setter packs such as PTP (Power To the Pitbulls). Refusing to be collared for a sit-down interview, a spokeshound for PTP growled about our nosy questions, declined further comment and stalked off in a huff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top