Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 6:03:57 PM EDT
I'm looking for 3, maybe 4 plastic food safe barrels.  Any body know of a source near Indy?  These will be used to collect rain water to water vegetables in the garden.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of any around Indy, but I do know of a place in Terre Haute...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:42:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about that place right on 41 before some big overpass bridge? How much are they asking for those 55 gallon plastic barrels now?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:58:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, thats the place.  I bought a dozen of them there a few years ago, I think for somewhere around $20 each.  It's been long enough that I don't remember an exact price.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:17:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm ok driving a little bit, as long as the price for the barrel are reasonable.  

There is a place here in Indy that sells rain water barrles like what I'm wanting to make, but they are about $130 each.  I figure a recycled barrel, then approxamatly $10 worth of PVC fittings from lowes would get me about the same thing.

Anyone know the name of the place?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:48:48 AM EDT
[#5]
The place in Terre Haute?

www.gurmancontainer-supply.com/

They're at US 41 and Locust Street, across from ISU.

Item # 10828 55gal drum for $19.50
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top