Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 2:54:04 AM EDT
On 13 May, 2006, the Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Club will hold our annual highpower beginners clinic.  For anyone interested in NRA highpower rifle, this will get you started ( and more).  It is an all day event with "classroom" instruction in the morning, and then it's out to the range after lunch.  On the range you will be sqauded with another shooter, and you will swap time between the pits and the line.  Each firing point will have a seasoned shooter helping with your instruction.  A "mini" match will be fired, with plenty of time given to all the shooters. The instructors will be our former highpower director, an NRA certified instructor, and another member who is a retired armorer for the USMCR rifle team, and former assistant coach with the USMC rifle team at Quantico.  

This all takes place on our 300 yd rifle range located about 15 minutes NE of Fort Wayne.  We will take up to 20 shooters, and since this has become so popular, pre-registration ( and early) is a must.  Athough we are not taking apps. yet, we will soon.  Anyone interested can e-mail me at:  [email protected]

Also, if you are lacking equipment, that is not a problem.  All of us helpers will have our gear there, ready to be used!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#1]
wheres the range.  Is it the outdoor one in Auburn?  Just curious...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:29:49 AM EDT
[#2]
It's not the one in Auburn.  They are not set up anything like we are.  We are about 3 miles north of Harlan.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm interested, email sent. Hoep to see ya'll in May.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:48:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I now have the application on file, so anyone interested can contact me and I'll send one your way via e-mail.  The instructor has cut the number of participants from the usuall 20 to 16 this year, which means it will probably fill up fairly quick.  I assume it is because of the size of our "clubhouse".  Easier to handle 16 folks.  Also, don't worry about equipment.  There will be 8 of us working as instructors when we get to the range portion in the afternoon.  All of us will be bringing our gear as loaners.  Rifles, ammo, mats, etc.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Does your rifles have to be a DCM type?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:10:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Rifles do not have to comply with NRA rules per say, but must be able to be loaded with a stripper clip or detachable mag for rapid fire strings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top