Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2005 10:51:12 AM EDT
  Mine is locked and I can't get in...

Spoke with the manufacturer several times, ran through some of their suggestions while on the phone but in the end they said I "need to talk to a locksmith who specializes in safes..."

Link Posted: 11/30/2005 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
  Mine is locked and I can't get in...

Spoke with the manufacturer several times, ran through some of their suggestions while on the phone but in the end they said I "need to talk to a locksmith who specializes in safes..."

What area of IN are you? I had one cracked here in Indy. We bought a house and the sellers left behind a small safe and no keys or combination. I had Safemasters come out and crack it, and give it a new combination. Cost me $150 to get it cracked, and I think another $30 for the new combination.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What area of IN are you?  

I'm in Zionsville, sounds like they could be worth a call, thanks.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure some Tannerite would take care of it real quick
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had good luck even on fire proof safes with an oxygen tank, a butane lighter and 3 dozen welding rods wired together..
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What area of IN are you?  

I'm in Zionsville, sounds like they could be worth a call, thanks.  

I hope they can help you out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 3:20:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't know where Zionsville is burbanite, but I know a good safe-man just this side of Louisville, KY.

NW side of Indianapolis. So KY is a little far, unless of course he can't get anyone around here.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:16:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
burbanite, did you get that thing open yet?

www.flipsigns.com/dynamite.gif

Not yet.  Thanks for the contacts folks, I'm going to have to work on that when I'm on vacation.  If no-one can help me I'll use your suggestion Wilson...
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Look under Johnson Safe. Jeff Johnson lives near Zionsville. He builds safes for a living and aslo does anything related.
Hopes this helps you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:00:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Look under Johnson Safe. Jeff Johnson lives near Zionsville. He builds safes for a living and aslo does anything related.
Hopes this helps you.

Yep, Jeff moved this safe to where it is now, I had spoken to him and followed his suggestions but to no avail...   Thanks for the info though.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#13]
What brand of safe do you have?  Don't most reputable safe manufactures have some kind of warranty that states they will come to your house and open/fix/repair your safe if it breaks for what ever reason, (including things like someone beating the thing with a sledge hammer tring to open it but only suceeding in knocking or handle or tumbler off).
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Have you tried cracking it?  Honestly it shouldn't be that hard.

1.  Get a stethescope
2.  Listen to the locking mechanism as you turn to the left/right
3.  You should hear a click at some point when you hit the correct number
4.  Once you hit the first number, go the opposite way until you hear a click

Yeah I don't know if it will work.  But conceptually it should work.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Curious to know how you got into this fix?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Just peel the damn thing and be done with it., I've dome it onceor twice with safe's that we bought at Auction. Actually knids fun..
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Curious to know how you got into this fix?

Closed it one day, things seemed normal.  Went to open it a few days later and find myself where I am now.

It wil be taken care of next week...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I am having the same problem now.  The dial seems to spin to easy.  Let me know how you get it fixed.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top