Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 7:42:46 AM EDT
I have been considering it.  I was wondering if anyone around here has tried.  If so, how receptive was law enforcement?  Any problems?  Who signed off on it?  IPD chief, Marion county Sherrif, or???

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:57:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Fill it out and take it to the room in the city county building where you get your handgun permit applications.  Same place they do the fingerprints.  You might have to explain to them what you need, but thats where it goes.  They can do your prints there as well.  You leave it there, and IPD will do a background check before sending it across to the jail to have the Sheriff sign off on it.  The whole process is BS IMHO espescially giving IPD a background check.  I went through the process a bit faster cause I know some people in the department, but thats the basics.  I ended up going incorporated though, way to much hassle in Marion county.  If I lived down by M4Madness where I could stop in and get it signed off in a few minutes then I'd do that.  

Don't let me discourage you though, go for it!  I've got 2 already and one heading in tomorrow, SBRs are a hell of alot of fun.  I'd recommend doing it no matter how much hassle, if you like to play with the fun toys.  

First:

Second:

Third is in the shop, getting refitted with all the correct galil parts, and waiting for a barrel chop when the form1 comes back.  

Sorry for picture whoring in your thread.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:09:32 AM EDT
[#2]
efpeter:

I did it too, last year, and will soon be putting in for another.  No biggie, you just gotta jump through the hoops.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:17:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input.

I've been debating selling my HK91 for more AR stuff.  I thought maybe a short barrel would soothe my broken heart!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I thought maybe a short barrel would soothe my broken heart!

Only full-auto will do that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
M4M,  Amen on the FA.  I'm getting a LW conversion right now, going to have to try that on your lower.  

efpeter,  Go for it man.  I just mailed my form for the galil this afternoon.  Should be sweet.  Like shooter said, jump the hoops.  Its not to bad really.  (they could require a blood sample)  Shooter, SWEET 9mm.  Hadnt seen that!  I still owe you some AK100 pics.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
M4M,  Amen on the FA.  I'm getting a LW conversion right now, going to have to try that on your lower.  

I'm all for torture testing someone else's upper.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Your a generous man.  Glad they come with the LW FA bolt carrier.  We'll have to abuse my poor noveske barrel.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Shooter, SWEET 9mm.  Hadnt seen that!

Oh really? My bad - I thought I showed everybody once I'd gotten it done!  Will take some better pics soon; that's just the low-res one off my web site.

I still owe you some AK100 pics.  

Wait long enough and I'll have one of my own to fawn over...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top