Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 3:28:49 AM EDT
Anyone know of any sources around the Indy area, no more than one county away which sell stripped lowers?

I missed the last 1500 and really do not want to wait until the next one to buy a stripped lower.

RRA would be my first choice but other brands will suffice if the price is right.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:39:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is an idea, Quantico usually has great prices on Eagle Arms lowers, maybe get one shipped in if transfer price is not to high?

I get mine through my bro in VA.

Call Wyatts in Cicero, ask for Miles.  I bought my first AR there.  He is cool, I deal with him whenever possible.  He can do anything man.  He has an awesome set of tools dude!

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:53:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Hehe, you said "tool".

Actually I have a complete set of AR tools.  If you ever need them let me know.

I'd rather not hassle with ordering a lower and having a transfer done and all that other garbage.  I was hoping someone around here stocks them on a regular basis.  Besides, I like supporting the local gun shops when I can.

Is Wyatt's a nice place otherwise?  I live on the far north side and driving up there wouldn't be much of a hassle.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:11:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought my Stinger lower from the gun show a year or two ago.  I don't know anyone local that sells them.  Next show is end of October, not that far off.  On the other hand, someone on the EE is selling customized serial number RRA lowers!  There's a pretty good wait to get them, but that would be awesome!

If I decide to tear everything off my barrel and put all new stuff on, can I come up?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Guns and Ordnance near Eminence is currently sending their FFL to Carrico'z ARmory to do a transfer for me.  They may be willing to order some for stock if there's an interest.  I don't have a phone number but they're on McClure Rd. east of 42.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Wyatt's (Miles) is cool.  I think I have bought all my guns since 2000 from him, except one Ruger MKII.  His focus is on battle rifles and handguns.  He really helped me out with my first AR purchase.

I first liked him when I was helping my Bro do some insurance replacements on some stolen guns.  Miles had a gun or two he could have jacked the prices up on, but he was straight up and  easy to deal with.

Since then, I prefer to give him first shot at my business.  I just never asked him for a lower, YET.

If you call ask for Miles or Dennis.  There are few LEO's that part time there too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If I decide to tear everything off my barrel and put all new stuff on, can I come up?

No prob Jim.  I have pretty much done everything there is to do except for removing a FSB.  I do have the tools to remove one, I just haven't tried it yet.  I also have a MAPP torch in case you have a silver soldered muzzle thingie needing removed.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Wyatt's is too expensive.  Hell, Bull's Eye even has lower prices these days.  Granted Miles is a very nice guy.  I've just never been able to buy anything from him when I can go to Plainfield or Albro's and save $50 to $200 depending on what I'm buying.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:02:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I deal direct with RRA and can get them for you. I am currently sold out but will order some if you want them. Let me know and I'll hook you up with a deal. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:26:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Is the next 1500 in two weeks or so? End of Oct?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Sunset Weapons sells RRA lowers...I got one from him at the last 1500 show for $90....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top