Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 5:12:16 PM EDT
Going to the Muncie area next week.  Forget the big stores for AK ammo-they'll have either Wolf or nothing at all for the AK shooter-we get no respect.  Is there a store in our state where I can buy Silver Bear Match or Barnaul?  I'd love to buy from a real store.  I suppose I'll have to place an internet order to get what I want.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure about the match grade ammo you mentioned.  About the only place in Muncie to find decently priced ammo is Walmart.  There is a hardware store, LoBills, that carries some guns and ammo, but it may be pricey.  You may want to check in Anderson, there are a few gun stores there - Crackshot or Quality Guns; or you may want to try Parker City, there's a good sized gun shop there - Ludco.  I tend to order most of my ammo online, or pick it up at gunshows.  Not sure if there is much else.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Glox:
~ the AK shooter-we get no respect.

Well... I hear AKers are filthy, ugly, common, simple, & respect tolerance less...
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Are there any decent gunstores in Muncie ? I don't care for that guy in the next county over. I can't think of the name, he has a great inventory but he was'nt the warmest fellow. I don't expect to have my butt kissed but I expect for a guy to be friendly , especially if I'm spending money. The first time that I went in there, I was like do I have bad breath or a booger on my face? The second time  he was about the same but I bought a G33 because he was the only one who had one. At the time no one in Indy had one! Damn! I can't think of the name or the town, it was a small town to the East of Deleware Co.

...nevermind I read it above...Parker City!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:28:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I personally stick to ordering online.  Even with the shipping, it's still cheaper than I can get it at any gunshop around here. (Henry-Madison-Deleware counties.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Wils-you know ak-ers well.  I'll have to buy via the 'net.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are there any decent gunstores in Muncie ?

I don't know of any decent gunstores in Muncie.  That's why I live for the Indianapolis 1500.  Muncie does have a gunshow every couple of months at the fairgrounds, but good deals are many times few and far between.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Went ahead and ordered Silver Bear Match from CTD.  No sense driving around Indiana looking for it.  Here's a laugh-went to a gun shop in Porter Co.  They were selling m193 for $9/box.  Hey-how 'bout dem Cubs?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top