Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 6:42:16 PM EDT
Whos going and what are my chances for finding some good AR uppers there?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
The last couple of shows at Upper marlboro weren't worth the $5 admission fee. I doubt you'll find much of a deal on anything.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Upper Marlboro is probably the Silverado show. Most of the dealers at that show are the same ones at Preston Jones show at Timonium, SNOBBY, KNOW IT ALL, HIGH PRICED, S@#T HEAD, dealers.

I said in another thread here, MD shows just are NOT WORTH it anymore. The PA show are much better and you can find a dealer to work with you can always have weapons sent to him if its one that MD regulates, ie: handgun, ak47, etc...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree. I've been going to the PG show for over 10 years, and it's been a steady decline. The last one in November was one of the worst. The only reason  I may go is to grab some 30-06 ammo for the Garand from the Ammunition Store from Ohio. Good luck finding any AR stuff.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Try the April show in Frederick. It's still a Silverado show, but there's usually a decent turnout of vendors.

http://www.silveradogunshow.com/silver.html
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the forecast for bulk ammo at this show?  I need some XM193/Q3131/Q3131A or equivalent.  Am I better off just getting some from Bass Pro?  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What's the forecast for bulk ammo at this show?  I need some XM193/Q3131/Q3131A or equivalent.  Am I better off just getting some from Bass Pro?  

Like you said "better at Bass Pro". Chances at this show are slim to none and Slim just left town.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Like you said "better at Bass Pro". Chances at this show are slim to none and Slim just left town.

Well, this Slim is back in town, and needs ammo.  Thanks.  I guess Bass Pro it is!  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Last good Upper Marlboro shows were back when they had it in Forestville FD instead (pre-).$99 SKS and $79 cases of Norinco.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#9]
There are usly one or two dealers there with AR uppers. Fulton Armory is usly there, if you see a upper you like on there website www.fulton-armory.com/. Call them up and see if they will bring it down to the show for you to look at or buy. Last weekends show had some good AR uppers, but that dealer only does that one show in MD. Fredericks show will have 3R gun shop there. They carry RRA rifles. Don't stock them but will glady order them in for you. There prices come very close to less then what I see on equipment exchange.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I went at around lunchtime today.  Took me forever to get there, traffic was a mess on Rt. 4 all the way from 301 to the Equestrian Center.  

-Fulton Armory only had complete rifles and stripped lowers ($149 IIRC).  No parts, tools or ammo.  

-AmmunitionStore had Winchester .223 (not Q3131) for ~$210.  Also Romanian AK parts kits, new with oil paper in the bore, for $129.  

-Another ammo dealer had 3 500-rd boxes of XM193 at $116 each.  Also Federal AE223 at $176/1000.  Wolf was $108/k for .223 55gr.

-Shooters Discount had some NIB Colt LEO Carbines:  6290 for $1449, 6721 for $1399, and 6450 for $1449.  

-Dennis A. Todd was there with all sorts of stuff I'll never be able to afford.  He did have 9mm Colt SMG LULAs for ~$35.  

-The Armory (of Annapolis) was there with a bit of Class III stuff, including an STG-44 (I think) and some HK and Colt full-auto.  They had a sign saying they stock AAC stuff, but didn't have any.  

-The AR parts dealer in the center (wearing a US Border Patrol hat) has Lone Star Ordnance "Stowaway 2" grips for $12.95.  I also bought a few small parts from him; AR pin sets (for spares) were $3.  

-1 Beef Jerky dealer, the custom earplug guy, and the rest of the usual suspects:  Continental Arms, Valley Gun, OC Sports, Bel Air Gun & Pawn, etc.  

I ended up hitting Bass Pro for 2k of Q3131 on the way home.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#11]
For anyone that just can't make the show, I have the ordering address for the Jerky Couple . . .
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#12]
It was a HORRIBLE show!  One of the vendors comented to me that everytime they have the show, the isles get wider and wider.  A lot of the "regulars" stopped attending the show.  There were, however, a lot of customer traffic by 11:00am or so, but no good deals that I could find.  I bought some ammo from Ammunitionstore.com and that was all.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I went at around lunchtime today.  Took me forever to get there, traffic was a mess on Rt. 4 all the way from 301 to the Equestrian Center.  

-Fulton Armory only had complete rifles and stripped lowers ($149 IIRC).  No parts, tools or ammo.  

-AmmunitionStore had Winchester .223 (not Q3131) for ~$210.  Also Romanian AK parts kits, new with oil paper in the bore, for $129.  

-Another ammo dealer had 3 500-rd boxes of XM193 at $116 each.  Also Federal AE223 at $176/1000.  Wolf was $108/k for .223 55gr.

-Shooters Discount had some NIB Colt LEO Carbines:  6290 for $1449, 6721 for $1399, and 6450 for $1449.  

-Dennis A. Todd was there with all sorts of stuff I'll never be able to afford.  He did have 9mm Colt SMG LULAs for ~$35.  

-The Armory (of Annapolis) was there with a bit of Class III stuff, including an STG-44 (I think) and some HK and Colt full-auto.  They had a sign saying they stock AAC stuff, but didn't have any.  

-The AR parts dealer in the center (wearing a US Border Patrol hat) has Lone Star Ordnance "Stowaway 2" grips for $12.95.  I also bought a few small parts from him; AR pin sets (for spares) were $3.  

-1 Beef Jerky dealer, the custom earplug guy, and the rest of the usual suspects:  Continental Arms, Valley Gun, OC Sports, Bel Air Gun & Pawn, etc.  

I ended up hitting Bass Pro for 2k of Q3131 on the way home.  

Did Bass Pro have any Q3131 left???? Might go up there Monday for a special project. :-)
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Just came back, traded some ammo with Chestnut Ridge Supply guy, got a good deal. Can't wait to shoot some of this 30-30 Win Acceleretor.

Bought a couple parts and toys for my SKS. The vendors were not much help, did detect a kind of snobby attitude from a couple vendors.
A couple were very helpful if they thought I was going to buy.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Did Bass Pro have any Q3131 left???? Might go up there Monday for a special project. :-)

9x 1000-round cases were on the shelf when I left Saturday afternoon.  Sale ends today, Sunday the 19th.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It was a HORRIBLE show!  One of the vendors comented to me that everytime they have the show, the isles get wider and wider.  A lot of the "regulars" stopped attending the show.  There were, however, a lot of customer traffic by 11:00am or so, but no good deals that I could find.  I bought some ammo from Ammunitionstore.com and that was all.

They didn't have 3 dealers they usly have there. 3R, Walters, and Sndyers. 3R and Walters would take up almost one row themselfs. 3R only does two gun shows now, and walters is closeing if it hasn't already. Sndyer passed away a few months ago.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#17]
One good thing about the show that I forgot to mention:  A dealer had Mosin Nagants M38's for sale @ $90.  And they looked new.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top