Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 1:12:20 PM EDT
There is a whole fleet of cops cars, an big fire engine looking "Alarmer's: Cp looking truck, at least three armoer vehicles and I don't even knwo what else blocking off the street between the corner of my neighborhood for about a block south on Hammond's Ferry Road.

Looks like either something really cool like busting up a meth-lab or something, or they just decided to do some training right in town without letting anyone know.

If I hear anything I'll keep you updated but I was hoping some of the guys close by like bblake might know something.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing on the news about it... I;ll have to ask some neighbors tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I doupt it will be on the news.  No dogs where harmed.

What you saw was the staging area for a S.O.S. call out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:07:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:34:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I was actually figuring you might have heard something... since it was going on in Linthicum.... I figured if they were busting people up and bringing them in it might be where you work.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was actually figuring you might have heard something... since it was going on in Linthicum.... I figured if they were busting people up and bringing them in it might be where you work.

It was a domestic.  

The husband told his wife to fix him a sammich she said fuck you, he gave his pimp hand a work out. ( <---JOKE PART)  The po-po got called and he refused to come out when they showed up.  

Thats where you came in when you saw the staging area.

I didn't find out about it until I saw this post and did some checking.

They get called out quite a bit for stupid stuff.  You wont see it on the news unless there is shots fired or a real high profile event of some type.  A little smack a bitch and hide in the house generally doesn't do it unless some one dies.

I work out of the Edgewater station now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#6]
It seriously looked like they were getting ready to do an invasion of a small country. I didn't even realize this area had those freakin armored vehicle things. They had frickin turrets on them and everything. And the big ass mobile command center thing. I took the dog for a walk after Smallville was over and it was like nothing had been there. It was weird. I thought I'd see some burning buildings and shell casings all over the street at least. Lame.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree. They do love their battle-rattle.   The "Car" they got through a grant I believe.  Same as alot of the big ticket equipment that's in inventory.

Some of their toys are pretty nice.  If you want to take a look at it, the county does an Police/Fire expo once a year in the late spring early summer at the HQ in Millersville.

They have this thing every now and then in Davidsonville

PDF Link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top