Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 7:27:51 AM EDT
Kid came through....resolved
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:36:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you get a deposit?   If not, tell him you need the papers by tomorrow or you are moving on to the next in line.  Make sure they are approved for a loan before dealing with them.  Don't chance it on someone who need to get a loan.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#2]
xxxxxxx
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I would sell it to the first person to return a signed contract.  Don't wait on just on person who said that they will buy it.  The balls in his court, if he wants to dick around, than he loses.

That is the way it should work.  Multiple people intrested, first to sign the contract wins.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#4]

x
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That is the way I have been working...I am just not willing to sign the only other contract pending which is from a person who has a credit issue that could make my life miserable.

I will just be patient and hopefully this kid will get his shit together.

That's the way I did my last sale. I signed backup contracts with the perspective buyer knowing that it was contingent on the previous contract(s) falling through. You don't have to sign any contract that makes you nervous, like a buyer with bad credit. Stay away from the hassles. If it's the kids first house, he might as well learn to have his ducks in a row BEFORE shopping for a house.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Ixxxxx
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Now, I am not a picky person by any means...but over the last 48 - 72hrs. the quality of customer has been very nasty. I also noticed the realtor from down the street emptying my info tube this afternoon when I was driving up. So, I now know where 500+ copies of my flyers are going. PRICK REALTORS- and they wonder why I won't use them.

If a Realtor comes to represent the buyer, remember to raise the price by 6%+ to cover the commission.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Contract should say "must be ratified by 5pm August XX" to be valid or something similar.  That way you don't have a half signed contract hanging over your head.

Did you have a little talk with the realtor who was taking your flyers?

Tell the shaky credit person to get pre-approved then you'll talk.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Contract should say "must be ratified by 5pm August XX" to be valid or something similar.  That way you don't have a half signed contract hanging over your head.

Did you have a little talk with the realtor who was taking your flyers?

Tell the shaky credit person to get pre-approved then you'll talk.

- Yeah, I blocked the realtor in my parking space and explained that if I saw him anywhere near my house again I would press charges for trespassing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top