Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 3:04:15 PM EDT
I grew up in Maryland, and have lived in California ever since I joined the Navy sixteen years ago.

I am still registered to vote in Maryland, my home of record.

I was listening to 98 Rock on the internet today and they talked about this Pipkin guy, and his commercial on TV where people keep saying 'who knew' about Mikulski.

I went to Pipkin's website (http://www.pipkinforsenate.com/) and found the commercial there.  It is pretty funny.

Should I vote for him?  His website says nothing about his stance on gun control.

Thanks for the help.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Pipkin is 100% pro gun. Yes, definately vote for him!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent an  email to them through their website, asking them to state Mr. Pipkin's position on the second ammendment, and where he would have stood on the so-called "assault weapons ban" to help me decide who to vote for.
If anyone is interested, I will post the response here.....
Im sure Gus is right, but I thought it would be interesting to hear the response....
John F.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:47:39 AM EDT
[#3]
When the choice is between him and that bitch Mikulski, and he's stated in his TV ads he's pro-gun, he'd get my vote except I vote in Pa.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:38:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Pipkin is pro-gun and has said so in some of his radio spots.  He is a local state senator with a good record & pro-gun support in MD.

Mikulski is like John Kerry's ugly old sister, 100% anti-gun.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Pipkin is the guy to vote for.  Mikulski and I don't agree on anything  and she is defiantly anti gun and supports a new and stronger AWB.  Also Governor  Ehrlich likes Pipkin and says he can work with him.  Governor  Ehrlich  is pro gun and is actually an honorary member of the hunting club I belong to.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#7]
If you live in Kalifornia, I would not suggest that you vote in a Maryland election. I am not sure of the legallity of doing something like that. Something just tells me that would be voter fraud.

Governor Ehrlich is pro gun and is actually an honorary member of the hunting club I belong to

When is he going to start showing that he is pro-gun? I'm not saying he is anti-gun, but he really han't shown me anything by way of some of his campaign promises. i.e, getting rid of the Ballistic fingerprinting. How about getting rid of the internal trigger lock requirement.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you live in Kalifornia, I would not suggest that you vote in a Maryland election. I am not sure of the legallity of doing something like that. Something just tells me that would be voter fraud.

Governor Ehrlich is pro gun and is actually an honorary member of the hunting club I belong to

When is he going to start showing that he is pro-gun? I'm not saying he is anti-gun, but he really han't shown me anything by way of some of his campaign promises. i.e, getting rid of the Ballistic fingerprinting. How about getting rid of the internal trigger lock requirement.

Second term, I'll bet.  If he tried it in his first term, in MD, he'd never get re-elected.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Mikulski's a bulldike.  ANYONE but her.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#10]
YES

Pro Gun, and stands with the President
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I was going to start a thread like this one, but since this is going pretty well I'll just ask my question here.

I finally got my voter card. Since this will be my first visit to the polls, I didn't even consider that there ws going to me more on the ticket than just the presidential nominees.

Who else are we going to be seeing on the ticket and what are the best choices. I am pretty much voting on the basis of their views on Amendment #2... everything else I could almost care less about unless the only guys who are pro-amendment-2 are also pro-100% tax increases. Not likely, so I'll stick to my guns... pun intended.

Is there a good site that gives a run down of who would best represent the "gun culture" or anything like that?

Without a doubt I wouldn't vote for Mikulski... besides the fact that she's a woman the only time I have really heard her name has been when my political-zealot cousin is cursing her.

Anything would be a help... and I don't mean to hijack this thread... I just figured that the question has more or less been answered and I saw no reason to take up space with a new thread.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Congressional elections- depends where you live in the state- do you know what Congressional district you are in?

Local questions, such as a tax cap in Montgomery County.

Local judges, etc.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:36:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Congressional District 3
Legislative District 32
Councilmanic District 1
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:22:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Your congresscritter is Ben Cardin.

His home page is www.cardin.house.gov/

One of the bills he cosponsored:
"H.R.2038 : To reauthorize the assault weapons ban, and for other purposes."

Not sure about your local stuff.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:49:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Your congresscritter is Ben Cardin.

His home page is www.cardin.house.gov/

One of the bills he cosponsored:
"H.R.2038 : To reauthorize the assault weapons ban, and for other purposes."

Not sure about your local stuff.

Don't like the sound of that...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Since my votes are pretty well driven by gun issues... does anyone have a good listing of who to and not to vote for?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#17]
There's no state elections this year-

Federal:
Bush
Pipkin
Anyone running against Cardin (your 3rd District)
Floyd (against Van Hollen, in 8th district)
Re-elect Roscoe Bartlett, in 6th? district

When in doubt, vote Republican!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:07:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Like I said, I am in the Navy, and am still a resident of Maryland, even though I am stationed in California.

I am therefore still registered to vote in Maryland.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok... I'm checking out MD State Board of Elections

For senators... who are the main runners? Mikulski and Pipkin? Or are these other guys, Ray Bly and  Dennard A. Gayle-El  Sr. actual in the race as well? Gayle-El... sounds like a relative of Kal- and Jur El. .

Ok... for the congressman thing... I'm District 3, so Duckworth (R), Cardin(D), and Allen(G) are my choices? I don't know where to look to find out their views on Amendment 2, but I think it's safe to assume the Dems only have mal intentions, as they historically have. I e-mailed Duckworth asking him pretty dirextly where he stands on the main issues of amendment 2.

As far as Judge of the Circuit Court... is that congressional or coucilmanic district? I have no idea what to look for in a judge... the only thing I would think to look for in a judge is how harsh they plan to enforce the laws. They don't have any say in what laws are being made, right?

Anywho... that's all for now. Thanks again guys.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Circuit court is by county, usually there's the sitting judges with nobody running against them.

I doubt anybody else running besides the D or R in any race has more than a percent or 2 of support.  Make your vote count!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#21]
check out
www.mcrkba.org
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top