Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 8:28:13 AM EDT
Hey all,
Well, I've decided that I'd rather not gamble with screwing up or scratching my Ameetec lowers I have coming.  Does anyone know of any good AR smiths in the area who can put in some lower parts kits for me (without charging a Fulton Armory-like price)?

Thanks
Rich
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Whats special about the Ameetec lowers?
An AR lower is dead-nuts simple to put together, the only real chances of scratching the finish are inserting the two roll pins.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Fulton armory is down below baltimore isnt it?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Fulton armory is down below baltimore isnt it?

Just south of route 32 off of route 1 in Laurel
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Kharn,
What's special is that these are going to be my first builds and I don't want to scratch 'em all up.

Fulton tends to charge waaaay too much, and I don't know if they would do a "walk in" job like that anyway.

Rich
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Kharn,
What's special is that these are going to be my first builds and I don't want to scratch 'em all up.

Fulton tends to charge waaaay too much, and I don't know if they would do a "walk in" job like that anyway.

Rich

They will do walk ins but you have to call first and set up an apointment of sorts.  They do not have a store front hence the calling ahead.  And yes they are a bit over prived but thet do good work and they are close buy.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard ameetec only charges $65 to install the lower parts kit when you order one of their lowers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#7]
ONLY?!

Rich
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:22:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Is that $65 including the parts or in addition to the parts?
The parts alone cost $45ish for DPMS.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I already have the parts kits.  I just need 'em put it.

Rich
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:10:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey all,
Well, I've decided that I'd rather not gamble with screwing up or scratching my Ameetec lowers I have coming.  Does anyone know of any good AR smiths in the area who can put in some lower parts kits for me (without charging a Fulton Armory-like price)?

Thanks
Rich

You have mail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top