Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 4:09:02 AM EDT
Whats ok at Elk Neck for carry?
I'm used to Myrtle Grove with most people (especially single shooters) carrying openly, but I havent seen anyone carrying at Elk Neck during my trips there.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:27:38 AM EDT
[#1]
The rules on the paper you fill out for a permit do not address this issue....but I have personally carried a side arm when I'm there and I've seen many other folks do the same.  No one has ever questioned me on it....doesn't mean it's legal.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#2]
philsAR:
I'm mainly concerned with the park rules, the law is: (Source link)

It is unlawful for any person without a permit to wear or carry a handgun, openly or concealed, upon or about his person, or to knowingly transport a handgun in any vehicle traveling on public roads, highways, waterways or airways or upon roads or parking lots generally used by the public.[...]

No violation is committed by any person who can demonstrate that the handgun is being carried, worn or transported:
[...]
3. While engaged in or traveling to and from a "target shoot, formal or informal target practice, sport shooting event, hunting, trapping or dog obedience training class or show."
[...]
During transportation to and from the above places, the handguns must be unloaded and carried in an enclosed case or enclosed holster. [4]

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:36:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#4]
M4:
Thanks thats what I was mainly concerned with (the Rangers going nutso).

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, that's me!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:12:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:48:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Sure, I already have my 1911 and an Uncle Mikes for it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:13:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey, that's me!

I wasn't going to reveal your identity... that's why I posted a pic with you facing away. So much for that. Now the spooks are putting your name into their database and they'll be tracking you to the next range gathering to further observe you and to take away all your guns.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:18:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Where's the pistol in the second picture?  I cant see it without the bigass arrow and finger pointing at it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:04:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Just a side-note, my Elk Neck permit FINALLY showed up today, the reciept is dated 9/1.  I think I dropped my check and application in the honor box like 4 weeks ago, and was planning on calling them on Tuesday to ask wth was up.

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top