Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2003 8:23:22 PM EDT
I just got certified.  Let me know if anyone needs anything.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:31:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got a question.  Am I just a pussy, or are the floor plates a bitch to get off?  
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:38:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you are a pussy.  Just kidding.  Turn the mag upside down looking at the floor plate.  Insert something into the hole that will go about two inches inside.  Depress and tilt the top of the implement to a 45 degree angle towards the front of the mad and apply pressure until you hear a pop at which time the floorplate will be disengaged and you can start cleaning.  E-mail me if you have any problems.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats Mercop!

Do you know where I can find set of Night Sights for cheap on my G23?
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:05:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Congrats Mercop!

Do you know where I can find set of Night Sights for cheap on my G23?

Homeboy or regular??  

Do you do reconditioning work at all?
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:35:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Let me look at your pistol.  Depending on the generation you may need some new parts.  If that is the case they are free from Glock and I can put them in for you.  I can change anything out.  The only thing I can't do is refinish the gun.  I can also install any aftermarket parts.  Anyone interested contact me by e-mail with what you want and I will give you my cell number.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:53:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Let me look at your pistol.  Depending on the generation you may need some new parts.  If that is the case they are free from Glock and I can put them in for you.  I can change anything out.  The only thing I can't do is refinish the gun.  I can also install any aftermarket parts.  Anyone interested contact me by e-mail with what you want and I will give you my cell number.

Will you be at the Pikesville show this weekend?
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:25:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Unfortunatly no.  I am teaching armed confrontation the next two days and then will be on leave in the Peoples Republic of NJ util late next week.  I will post when I am back and we can make arrangements to look at your pistol.  The good thing about my schedule is that I have a tendancy to be off when others are working.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#8]
BBQMAN and anyone else who needs anything for their Glocks- I am back in the AO.  BTW I am also a Mossberg 500/590 Armorer.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:21:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm here and interested.  Just have to set up a time.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I was thinking of upgrading my Gen 1 frame to the new one (with light rail).  Can you do that?  What would be the cost?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Forest- I don't have the ability to alter an existing Gen 1 to a Gen 3.  May I ask why you would want a light on your pistol?  As a professional trainer I am not a fan of that except for K-9 due to handling the dog and a entry man carrying a shield.  I understand that places like Topglock can alter the frame as you wish.  I assure for well under half that price I could show you how to use a $30 Surefire G2 Nitrolon with your current sidearm in a way you never thought possible.  Just food for thought.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Mercop,
I'm trained with how to use my 6P or G2's with my Glock.  But there are times when having a weapon mounted light makes sense (more so with a rifle than a hangun - but there are times).

So I'd like to have the flexibility of having the option.

-Forest
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Mercop,
I'm trained with how to use my 6P or G2's with my Glock.  But there are times when having a weapon mounted light makes sense (more so with a rifle than a hangun - but there are times).

So I'd like to have the flexibility of having the option.

-Forest

Absolutely.

Most people are used to firing handguns using a 2 handed grip.

With a flashlight in the reactions side hand, even with good techniques, the light isn't always lined up with the gun. If you fire the gun and the flashlight separate at recoil.

No to mention if you have to do something with your reaction side hand, use the phone, open/close a door etc. You have lost your light source.

A weapon mounted handgun light, again with proper technique, allows better gun-light alignment, and a two handed grip. If you have to do something with your reaction side hand you still have light available. Just don't get confused about the trigger and on/off switch.

A weapon mounted light though is not a replacement for a hand held light.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#14]
kewl
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 3:52:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Mercop

You gonna be around the weekend of Thanksgiving?  I should be free sometime that weekend if you want to look at my Glock.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah I will be around working days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top