Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2022 11:28:28 PM EDT
Joined the union two years ago after 12 years non union and I was thinking of trying to go to the commercial side of things. Been working for a company doing wood frame but I'd love to do finish work/doors and hardware. I'm well rounded from before joining the union, specifically I worked on single family homes, additions, and remodels and I was a start to finish guy. I framed, roofed, did the fascia and soffit, siding, set the doors and windows, insulated, hung the rock, taped, mudded, and textured, painted, set cabinets, flooring, trim, and so on. We didn't have much for subs out west so we did it all. Thoughts/advice on making the leap? I know I'm burned out of framing from doing so much over the years and that's all I do now since I'm good at it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top