Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2021 9:56:53 PM EDT
Wife is getting transferred to Brainerd so will be looking for a place. We were thinking somewhere up 371 so were thinking Pequot Lakes or Pine River. Anyone up that way? Hearing Pine is a dying small town but looks to be a few nice place for sale.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 2:30:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you looking for a place in town or in the country? Land up there seems to be getting more expensive, but if you keep trying you can still find a good deal. I have a close friend in the area that managed to buy 40 acres with a house and a decent shop building for under $200k. It took him a few years to find that steal though.

I don't live there full time, but I have some land with a small cabin between Brainerd and Aitkin that I'm at often.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Pine River is far from dying. Properties in that area have been moving very fast in the last year. They just built a new clinic in town.
It's a lot nicer than Jenkins or Backus. Pequot is overpriced in my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#3]
So we ended up getting a small place in Brainerd. Nice older house 2 bed/1 bath.

Pine River/Pequot were nice areas but we decided wanted to be closer to town for her job. But we did find that there is as much competition for houses up there are here in the metro.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations!
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]
We are very excited to be moving north away from the chaos of the cities.

Added benefit ... and possible a curse. And we are walking distance to Triangle Treats. They have great ice cream.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 11:00:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I know two members on here that grew up in Pequot. My parents still live there. It's such a small town I find it strange anytime I see it mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#7]
You’re going to fall in love with the area.  Summer gets a little chaotic with the cabin goers but it’s not bad.  Gull lake is the new lake Minnetonka

100’s of miles of trails here to explore, it’s great
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#8]
This wasn't a crazy move on our part. Been in the works for a long time.

I have been coming into the area all my life. I have family in Motley and Pillager area. My parents still live in Motley Township.

Been putting some miles on my bike on the Paul Bunyan trail. Made it to Pequot 1 day and to Crow Wing State park trailhead also. Great trail to ride. Also some days just ride the county roads, and tend to hit some gravel along the way. I have a fat tire on order to go to Cuyuna this fall/winter if it gets here in time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 1:26:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This wasn't a crazy move on our part. Been in the works for a long time.

I have been coming into the area all my life. I have family in Motley and Pillager area. My parents still live in Motley Township.

Been putting some miles on my bike on the Paul Bunyan trail. Made it to Pequot 1 day and to Crow Wing State park trailhead also. Great trail to ride. Also some days just ride the county roads, and tend to hit some gravel along the way. I have a fat tire on order to go to Cuyuna this fall/winter if it gets here in time.
View Quote

Our deer camp is a little south of Motley.
Not too far from Fish Trap.

Big ass deer around there.
Absolute monster bodies on the bucks we kill there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top