Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2020 5:04:49 PM EDT
I have an appointment coming up soon to apply for my Hennepin County concealed carry permit.  

Due to the China virus, (and I'm guessing other nefarious reasons), you must now apply at the Minneapolis Sheriff's office.

I just find it kind of irritating that I have to go somewhere I specifically would NOT go without CC in order to apply for the CCP......

Kevin
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's always been the case that you have to apply for your ptc at your county sheriffs office. I don't think that's anything new.
View Quote

Before the world ended, Hennepin County residents could also apply at HCSO Enforcement Services Division Headquarters in Brooklyn Park, Richfield Police Department, and HCSO water patrol unit in Spring Park. Those locations are no longer accepting applications until further notice...for your safety.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Before the world ended, Hennepin County residents could also apply at HCSO Enforcement Services Division Headquarters in Brooklyn Park, Richfield Police Department, and HCSO water patrol unit in Spring Park. Those locations are no longer accepting applications until further notice...for your safety.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's always been the case that you have to apply for your ptc at your county sheriffs office. I don't think that's anything new.

Yes. I'd CERTAINLY much rather run over to Spring Park.... AND not have to make an appointment to turn in an application.... This is not an accident.  I'm working all day long full time seeing and taking care of people to the same extent as before the virus.  And yet I can't turn in an application at a local station and without scheduling an appointment??

Kevin
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes. I'd CERTAINLY much rather run over to Spring Park.... AND not have to make an appointment to turn in an application.... This is not an accident.  I'm working all day long full time seeing and taking care of people to the same extent as before the virus.  And yet I can't turn in an application at a local station and without scheduling an appointment??

Kevin
View Quote

How long did you have to wait for your appointment? I heard Ramsey County is at 3.5 months.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#5]
"And yet I can't turn in an application at a local station and without scheduling an appointment??"
It is what is and whining is not going to change anything.  We have to live with the complications of situation.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"And yet I can't turn in an application at a local station and without scheduling an appointment??"
It is what is and whining is not going to change anything.  We have to live with the complications of situation.
View Quote

What a helpful post! Thanks for logging in today!
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How long did you have to wait for your appointment? I heard Ramsey County is at 3.5 months.
View Quote

I took the course and made the appointment back in early July. I have an appointment at the end of September.   When I made the appointment, the waiting time was only 3 weeks or so.  I am at work throughout their working hours, though, and had to schedule when I finally had a day off.

Kevin
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:22:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have an appointment coming up soon to apply for my Hennepin County concealed carry permit.  

Due to the China virus, (and I'm guessing other nefarious reasons), you must now apply at the Minneapolis Sheriff's office.

I just find it kind of irritating that I have to go somewhere I specifically would NOT go without CC in order to apply for the CCP......

Kevin
View Quote

I think in Minnesota it's referred to as a permit to carry. And yes, the office of the Hennepin County Sheriff is in Minneapolis.

I don't think Minneapolis has it's own sheriff. At least not yet.

Good luck with it. Hennepin probably will take the full 30 days.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#10]
A. While it was a cute reply, he obviously was referring to the Minneapolis location of the HCSO.

B. Please read the whole thread before commenting, Hennepin Co residents had 3 optional locations, other than downtown Minneapolis, to drop off their PTC applications. IIRC, the alternate locations were available once a month on rotating Thursdays.

Quoted:

I think in Minnesota it's referred to as a permit to carry. And yes, the office of the Hennepin County Sheriff is in Minneapolis.

I don't think Minneapolis has it's own sheriff. At least not yet.

Good luck with it. Hennepin probably will take the full 30 days.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I got mine in August . I had to wait three weeks for my appointment . It took ten minutes . I was prepared to wait 30 days because I heard that was common in Hennepin County , but I got mine in 4 days .
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:04:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got mine in August . I had to wait three weeks for my appointment . It took ten minutes . I was prepared to wait 30 days because I heard that was common in Hennepin County , but I got mine in 4 days .
View Quote

Thank you.  I appreciate the info.  I was trying to schedule other things that day, but had NO idea how long to expect to be there.

I've been assuming that I would need to wait the full 30 days, but that is GREAT news!  Perhaps your background check is cleaner than others.....

Kevin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top