Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2020 12:43:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#1]
This was to be the first year of metal detectors at the gates. I really didn't want to go, but it would have crushed my kids. Boom, problem solved.

2020: The Year We Cancelled Everything Out of Fear
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Deleted - Posted negatively out of frustration.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I had to look this up but apparently the State Fair has been cancelled before. This is the sixth time.

I did not know that.

This whole thing is ridiculous to say the least.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#4]
My dad went to every state fair in his long lifetime except for when it was cancelled for WWII and polio.

I bet Texas will still hold their state fair.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Was looking forward to going...with NO lines.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This was to be the first year of metal detectors at the gates. I really didn't want to go, but it would have crushed my kids. Boom, problem solved.

2020: The Year We Cancelled Everything Out of Fear
View Quote

Pretty funny. The Maryland State Fair doesn't have metal detectors, and it's 6 miles from Baltimore.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pretty funny. The Maryland State Fair doesn't have metal detectors, and it's 6 miles from Baltimore.
View Quote

Which is pretty stupid for the state fair anyways.  It wasn't the hood rats inside the fairgrounds that caused the problem last year.  It was the hood rats OUTSIDE.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which is pretty stupid for the state fair anyways.  It wasn't the hood rats inside the fairgrounds that caused the problem last year.  It was the hood rats OUTSIDE.
View Quote

Just think, the State Fair has been around since 1859 and now it is finally being ruined by scum.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:57:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Not exactly surprised, but still ... what a bummer
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:24:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I won't mind missing it this year.  I usually only go because my kids get free tickets from the ramsey county library for reading books.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:21:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've honestly never had any desire to go to the state fair.
View Quote

Not even once for just a little while?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:08:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Never
View Quote
I always wanted to go as a kid but my parents would never take us.  I didn't go for the first time until i was about 30.   It was pretty anti climactic.

Food is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over priced.  Oh wait, so is everything else, and thats after paying to get in.

The technology building is cool.  And if I'm in the  market for a piece of ag equipment, it's a good time to go and wheel and deal with the vendors or manufactures as it's the last fair of the season and they don't want to haul it home.

Other than that, the crowds suck and it's pretty useless.   But I think it'd be a shame if you never went at least once.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I always wanted to go as a kid but my parents would never take us.  I didn't go for the first time until i was about 30.   It was pretty anti climactic.

Food is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over priced.  Oh wait, so is everything else, and thats after paying to get in.

The technology building is cool.  And if I'm in the  market for a piece of ag equipment, it's a good time to go and wheel and deal with the vendors or manufactures as it's the last fair of the season and they don't want to haul it home.

Other than that, the crowds suck and it's pretty useless.   But I think it'd be a shame if you never went at least once.
View Quote

Crowds are bad. Go really early on a week day. Leave by 2pm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top