BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2007 7:17:26 AM EDT
Who is going to attend?

Industry Forum post

SLR15 Training Calendar

REMEMBER ALL:

You do not have to compete in all 5 categories to come and compete/shoot in just one. I guarantee you that it will be the best $50 you have ever spent. In many ways it is like receiving your report card at the end of the year. I usually learn the MOST about my shooting skills, the level to which I have progressed and what I need to work on after attending the Defensive Edge 5-gun event.

SO, COME AND SHOOT IN WHICHEVER EVENT YOU CAN AND WATCH THE REST!
You will learn much!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 8:05:24 AM EDT
[#1]
This is worth the time, you learn a lot watching other people (except don't watch Arabou on the shotgun tac-reloads like I did last year ... of course, I now get to watch his SLR15 so I should keep my mouth shut).

I did pistol, shotty, and carbine last year but it was fun to watch the precision and wheel gun events.

I made mistakes that I have spent time working out this year, so +1 on the report card nature of the event.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year due to a long-standing family commitment.
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Would love to make it and watch all you guys but its my first weekend back to work and I know there is NO WAY I'll get Sunday off this late of notice.

Maybe next year(again!)

Link Posted: 9/19/2007 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#3]
FT, you have an excuse for last year!
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be duck hunting that weekend.

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone else going to make it?  You just have to be an alumnus in any Defensive Edge course to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 5:23:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone else going to make it?  You just have to be an alumnus in any Defensive Edge course to shoot.

I will be there!

Mark
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:13:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Are spectators welcome?  I've taken Handgun I and may be able come out and watch for a little while, but with hockey I can't spend the day out there.  I'm not sure what my coaching schedule is for Saturday, the calendar is at home.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:58:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Are spectators welcome?  I've taken Handgun I and may be able come out and watch for a little while, but with hockey I can't spend the day out there.  I'm not sure what my coaching schedule is for Saturday, the calendar is at home.

I think you missed the boat.  Post title says the competition was Oct. 7.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:51:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Good point!!  It just doesn't seem like it should already be October 8th.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#10]
so how did everybody that competed do?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Results are posted in Tactical Reality forum at SLR15.com.  It was a hard day of shooting!

WolverineG23, It is really not an event open to spectators since the competition is really more of a personal effort on behalf of the Alumni who trained this year.  As I have said before, it is your end of year "report card" to show you what you learned and what you need to work on.  I encourage you to come out and compete in Auto-Pistol next year and you are welcome to watch the rest of the events!

Arabou
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Man I feel beat today.  I can't figure out if it's the day I spent surfing on Saturday, or if it's the beating my body took yesterday.  Judging by which muscles are sore, I'll have to say yesterday.

As a personal note, I plan on getting in better shape for next year.  A couple minutes of running around shouldn't put me out of breath for an entire string of fire.

Very interesting what happens to your shooting ability tho
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Congrats, 5-gun champ!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top