Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 6:13:56 AM EDT
WCCO

Bomb Plot, 'Hogan's Heroes' Hideaway Uncovered

(WCCO) Faribault, Minn. Authorities in southern Minnesota have uncovered a bomb plot against buildings and public officials in Rice County.

Police said they began an investigation of Allan T. Weatherford, 44, of Kenyon, Minn., in November, after executing a search warrant for stolen property.

While on Weatherford's property, investigators found a buried tank and an underground hiding spot with a "Hogan's Heroes"-type entrance.

During the investigation, authorities seized more than 50 weapons, including handguns and assault rifles. They also found propane tanks with a fuel/fertilizer mixture and detonation devices.

Authorities also found stolen property and indications of drug manufacturing.

On Monday, Weatherford was charged with three counts of first-degree attempted arson, two counts of possessing an explosive, one count of a felon possessing a firearm and one count of firearm possession by a prohibited person.

According to the criminal complaint, several people told law enforcement about Weatherford's repeated comments about wanting to blow up several government buildings in Rice County, including the courthouse and the law enforcement center, which houses the county jail.

One person told investigators Weatherford possessed large amounts of fertilizer. Officers later learned Weatherford worked at a fertilizer plant three years ago, and would have had access to fertilizer.

Weatherford was arrested March 31.

I see no "Assault Rifles" Most of the guns are normal, the only one I see that might scare the sheeple would be the 50BMG.  Are they calling the an "Assault Rifle"?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#1]
That's funny.  On the new's last night they described the 50BMG by saying they recovered one weapon that could "kill a person from over 2 miles away."

They spent more time talking about this guys guns, implying that if you own guns, your automatically going to be a bad guy.

Good thing the media never puts there own agenda twist on any stories.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:32:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
"kill a person from over 2 miles away."

I remember them saying that too

According to the "News" because I own guns, I am going to kill your wife and fuck your dog
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:08:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Media Hype.............
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#4]
E we know that is impossible, you do not have a scope that sees that far away!

Quoted:

Quoted:
"kill a person from over 2 miles away."

I remember them saying that too

According to the "News" because I own guns, I am going to kill your wife and fuck your dog

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:02:52 AM EDT
[#5]
That guy was a seriuos whacko.  

FWIW, it was illegal for him to own any of those guns in the first place since he was a Meth-head convicted felon.  That is the reason he wanted to kill everyone in the county in the first place.    But, of course you won't hear that from any of the news stories.

Meth is a powerful drug.

Quoted:

At least it wasn't the other way around.  My wife has life insurance!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
E we know that is impossible, you do not have a scope that sees that far away!

its funny because I get it

Quoted:
At least it wasn't the other way around.  My wife has life insurance!

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess he wont be at the next arfcom shoot.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#8]
That guy must be the poster child for meth addicted people from the Sheriffs Dept. we have in the ED. Rots you teeth, scars your skin, thins your hair, and emaciates the body!  

My real question why did the SD leave loaded rounds on the buttstock of that shotgun?  Seems like that was a really smart idea!  

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Looked like the guy own a bunch of crap guns to me. The Armalite was the only thing cool.

Thought I saw a CETME in the mix.......but still junk.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top