Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 8:28:04 PM EDT
Hi,

From what I gather it’s legal in Minnesota to build a SBR (Short Barreled Rifle).  I’ve gone through the requirements and everything seems very straightforward.  With that said, I’m predicting that getting the CLEO signoff will be an issue (much like the old Concealed Carry sign off problems).  

I haven’t started the paper work yet, or even talked to my local CLEO (which I’m dreading) but has anyone successfully registered a SBR in Minnesota?  If so any words, do you have any words of advice?

Regards,

Porter_Wagoner
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:21:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Good to go in MN with CLEO ok. I am in Plymouth, a burb on Minneapolis and my guy said OK. Haven't done the paperwork yet. Others have gotten theirs from various other cities.

If the CLEO is a no go, there is the AG, a judge, a prosecutor, and others in the chain of command.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:25:47 AM EDT
[#2]
my CLEO said he would sign (Chisholm, on Da Range).  i haven't done it yet though.  the only thing he said was that he would like me to fill out the handgun buying permit so he could to a background check.  i already had one, and he said good to go then.  he had never done one and wasn't sure of the process.  i would suggest printing off the MN regs and bring them with, just incase he is unaware also.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Just pin a long enough supressor onto the end and your good to go!  

Hey, someone has to be the smartass.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just pin a long enough supressor onto the end and your good to go!  

Hey, someone has to be the smartass.

I was waiting for the surppressor talk
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:32:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Waiting to move to fill out my papers.  From what I've heard, be prepared to explain to the CLEO why the heck they have to sign off on it.  Come up with some non-threatening replies to some likely questions ("WHY do you need this?").  

You know Admiral Akbar would have one, just to butt-stroke C3PO with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top