Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 11:50:55 AM EDT
In the absence of employment right now, I have been looking into getting my FFL.  So I called the city to check zoning laws for a home-based business.  They referred me to the county for specific firearms laws.  The county referred me back to the city....

Arrrgh

any ideas on where i can get the answers I need?  I need to find out if I am zoned for a hom-based business, if there are any restrictions on firearms businesses, and what licenses/permits/etc. I need.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Where you  at in MN,? I am working on the same, and may have a few answers for you.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe that if you are in the TC Metro area it is going to be tough. Most cities have local laws prohibiting home based ffl's. Unless of course you were grandfathered in, and had your ffl pre-94  

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:51:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I am in a semi rural area. I got my FFL in late 1995. The township I'm in referred me to the county. The county said as long as I didn't have permanent advertising, (yellow pages etc..) that I wouldn't have to have a conditional use permit for a home business. I got a letter from the zoning and planning board (I believe this is ATF required ) stating that I was in compliance. My experience with the ATF field officer for the FFL application interview was very positive. It seemed at the time that our area ATF was more into following the rules than making their own rules (very easy to work with).

Rick in MN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top