Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 10:25:33 AM EDT
I was just at the new gander Mountain in Woodbury and they have a used Savage 308 with McMillan A3 stock,  26inch barrel.  They want like 560 for it.  It looks good, you can still read the writting on the bolt.....

Someone snatch this up before I do and have the wife kill me........
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#1]
But what else will be sold at the Estate Sale?

Quoted:
I was just at the new gander Mountain in Woodbury and they have a used Savage 308 with McMillan A3 stock,  26inch barrel.  They want like 560 for it.  It looks good, you can still read the writting on the bolt.....

Someone snatch this up before I do and have the wife kill me........

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#2]
my estate sale won't cover whatever debt I leave.  Before I remairried (this year) I racked-up a ton of debt to make sure the ex-wife didn't get a dime if I died.....I guess that's one of those cutting off your nose to spite your face things.....

Anyway, I've already got a 308 (rem ltr) and a heavy precision rig (custom built 243) so the savage isn't something I need.  But, there is no better deal on long-range precision rigs than the mcmillan savage.  A little bedding and you've  got a shooter on par with what others will spend 1500+ to get.  

Somebody grab her-up...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:46:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it the AccuTrigger model Savage?

TANKS,

SCOUTS OUT
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#4]
that would be the case if it a factory gun for sure

Quoted:
Is it the AccuTrigger model Savage?

TANKS,

SCOUTS OUT

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Not necssarily, I have been looking at Savages for sometime, and from what I have read over at SavageShooters.net Savage did make quite a bit of their "tactical" models that had the Mac stock but were made prior to them switching over to the Accu-Trigger.
That is why I asked.
SCOUTS OUT
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
The McMillan stocked Savage is new within the last couple of years.  This is change of offerings occured after the introduction of the Accutrigger.  They offered the choate stock version pre accu trigger.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#7]
It had the Accu-Trigger, but the gun is gone now.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup. Gone. I tried to resist all weekend and finally was going to hike over there to check it out today but when I called they said it was gone. Oh well, I didn't really have the $ anyway.

Gander in Fridley had several identical used 700PSS in long action (not sure, maybe 300 win). Price might have been $400, but I don't recall.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Gander in Fridley had several identical used 700PSS in long action (not sure, maybe 300 win). Price might have been $400, but I don't recall.

They are 300 Remington Ultra Mag and sell for $750

Not a nice cal. and and a nice price for used guns...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top