Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 11:49:50 AM EDT
Disaster Training Available Soon
09/22/2005
Free of charge training is available to anyone interested in learning how to respond to a disaster. Community emergency response team or C.E.R.T. classes start soon.
Darrel Hildebrandt with Rochester Police crime prevention says the training will include teaching a team of two people how to take care of themselves, their homes, and their neighbors should a tornado or some other disaster strike the area. The training is funded through FEMA.
A C.E.R.T. kit is included with the class.
For those interested in the training, it starts on Tuesday, October fourth at the law enforcement center in Rochester.
It's from 6:30 in the evening until 9:30 for a total of seven weeks. Those interested in registering can call 507-285-8288.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I think im gonna have to try and make that one since its really close...AND FREE!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump for SE MN guys and it's free
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#3]
The Oct class is full next avalible one is January 12th.. 6;30 pm.  I called and checked..And you do need a partner for the class and preferably one from your neigborhood. You cant regester single and they pair you up. Sounded like a intense training class as they will do mock up disaster sites and first aid with actors ploaying a part of wounded..
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I have Been for the Burnsville class.  You really work close with the Fire and LE in a disaster, checking damaged buildings and evacing wounded.  They even have us attend annual drills with them.  I HIGHLY recomend it if you want to actualy help you community in the event of a disaster.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Twonami are you taking the class???
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Twonami are you taking the class???

I may sign-up for the Jan 12th class
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I might have to look into the next class. Sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I want to sign up for januarys class just trying to find a partner..
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I read about the CERT several months ago...I'd love to do the training, but nothing anywhere near me.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I want to sign up for januarys class just trying to find a partner..

If a partner is mandated and you can't find one, gimme a holler... I'll make the drive...Hell it sounds useful.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Fedgunner ...FYI  its would be every thursday for 7-8 weeks...Plus they want me to have one(a partner) from the same neck of the woods, so we now the area..Sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top