Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 4:47:21 PM EDT
Just wondering where anyone has gone or would recommend going to for carry permit class.  Looking in the south of the river suburbs.
Any info would be a big help,  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
www.thedefensiveedge.net

A bit of a drive but well worth it. Handgun 1 (haven't taken that class but several others).
There is a class Aug 23 and sometime in Sept, but not scheduled.

Whatever you do, take a class that will teach you important skills rather than just passing a silly test.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Here you go!

http://www.twincitiescarry.com/

Joel Rosenberg is the person I took my training with.  His cert is good for 31 states carry course.  I highly recommend Joel

He does is shooting qualification in Burnsville or Oakdale.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:18:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Doggie
You want to learn from the best in the area, and that is Greg Sullivan!  You will learn more then any other instructor!  The Alumni shoots are great time to practice!  He does this for a living, the vast majority of others are just out for a buck!  Invest in yourself!  Your time and money will be well spent!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:26:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.thedefensiveedge.net

A bit of a drive but well worth it. Handgun 1 (haven't taken that class but several others).
There is a class Aug 23 and sometime in Sept, but not scheduled.

Whatever you do, take a class that will teach you important skills rather than just passing a silly test.

+1

Link made hot

I remain Nuetral in this area and have witnessed a few of the classes from others

Although I have not taken Sully's class or any others for that matter I can tell you this much

First class Instructors,you will not be dissapointed.

Bring ammo you are going to shoot more than 50 rounds to quailify
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I will say this, no one sure seems to chirp in about any other instructors in the metro?  No one seems be able to say they learned a lot and improved their shooting skills with So and So.

I took a Plus P Course before I knew better, and I got filled full of BS by Darrel.  A character at best!  But, with the assertions he came up with!  That was eight hours of wasted time. Seven listening to Darrel, and 30 minutes shooting!  I have read that he advocates point shooting was effective to 50 yds.  Yeah Right!

Although owning firearms is a right, a responsible gun owner needs proper instruction.  Then again there are some know it all on this forum that like to assert that training is a waste of time, and more so not needed!  

Greg AKA Sully is first class act!  You will not do better in MN or by paying large amounts of money, expending your time to travel, to any name school!  

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I am not familiar with all of the classes out there, and there are quite a few, but I know of some good and some bad. One common theme I see is to offer a base level class, which is essentially a basic NRA handgun class with some use of force lecture thrown in. Then they offer a “more advanced” class where you learn more specific aspects of carrying a handgun for personal protection.
The Handgun 1 class, that Sully at Defensive Edge offers, covers all of this material over the course of 1 day for 1 price (and for less $ than most others). Plus he is not only certified for CCW classes, but he teaches Police, security, and EP agents as well. This is important due to the possibility of the training requirements becoming more involved. The possibility has some of the more “fly by night” trainers worried, but Sully’s Defensive Edge will go on offering the CCW classes without a hitch as their qualifications far exceed even the more strict training requirements.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#7]
There are plenty of qualified instructors in the Twin Cities...most of your gun clubs in the area have qualified certifiers for CC......  www.packing.org has a list of instructors..... DE, of course is another.....some people need more training and some don't.....if you think you do, you can always go to a advanced CC class.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top