Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2003 1:04:49 PM EDT
I got to the Bloomington show today and finally met the Stubby Gear crew.  Great guys, talked to them briefly before I headed back torwards So. Mn.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I too made a swing through the show. Picked up some 45acp and .223 brass.

I heard the guy and his wife with the table full of hi-point pistols extolling their virtue.

I just about sh*t my shorts when they were making claims about how they are one of the best mfgrs...

Their prices were way to high as well. $599 for a Springfield Mil Spec with Hogue grips? hell, I paid $449 at Sportsman's Warehouse for it and got the grips for $14 from MidwayUSA.

Nope, the gunshows around town are getting to be more and more "junkshows". Although, spoons and clips along with reloading equipment are plentiful.

Stubby had a decent setup. It didn't occur to me who he was until I saw this post.

For those that were there, did you notice how there were no refreshments servered? One of the gals helping host was saying how beverage services can't make money on their stuff at these shows anymore. So they don't even serve coffee.

[I bet if you put out a coffee urn and put a piggy bank with free-will donations, it would fill up pretty fast. Most catering services want $2/cup for coffee these days.]

-Warlock
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Crap missed another funshow...
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:19:43 AM EDT
[#3]
The smaller shows like the ones seem to be the same dealers with same stuff, the larger ones like at the Fairgrounds, River Center, Minneapolis Convention Center, St. Paul Armory have more room hence better selection. I have noticed a change over the last 13 years in Twin Cities shows.  There used to be a guy that was from southern MN that would have 8 tables stacked with NIB Remingtons and Loopy Glass.  He sold allot through the Gun List too.  And, he had good prices on the stuff,too.  

If you look at the lot of us, recreational shooters.  You basically have four types of us:

#1 The guys that go for low end / low tech who just want to blast the ammo down range for the fun of it.  Hence your centerfire SKS, Kel-Tec, and HiPoint fireams and the old stand by 22 rimfire. And,they do not probably belong to the NRA, either.

#2 The guys that get gear for deer and bird hunting.  Practical shooters so to speak, they get the job done with the standard equipment.  Or the guy that just wants to exercise his right to own firearms. These are the NRA members.

#3 Then you have the hunter/collector/shooter the people that shoot for sport, competition, and hunting. They have higher expectations of guns and accessories with respect to resale, performance, and value for the money spent. This the the heart and soul of the NRA.

#4 Then you have the highend shooter/hunter, who  are just plain snobs!  They are the types with "Repeal Concealed Carry", RMEF, DU, and PF stickers.  They have guns but do not respect others rights to own them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#4]
David,

Sorry I didn't have more time to talk.  Was rather busy on Saturday!  Hope you enjoyed the show.

RN,

As soon as we get our FFL, we hope to change to offer some different guns at these shows.  We had three serious requests for ARs at the show today.  No one at the show had any!  We'll be offering two tables worth of ARs when the FFL lands.  Gotta love having a gun factory in your backyard!  And BTW, no stockpacks yet.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:21:48 PM EDT
[#5]
i'm a #3.

i think most shows are geared towards the #1's.
it'd be fantastic to find a table with decent glass and badger rings/bases and stuff like that.  or tables with RAS and SIR rails.  

i'm sick of the $30 turkish bayonet tables.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]
The problem with high speed low drag is that the stuff is spendy!  And, stocking inventory is not cheap.  But, it sure would be nice to have a shop with some of it available so that you could lay hands on it locally! Well, Armored Fire has high end guns and so does J&S, but they do not stock the "do dads"!

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The problem with high speed low drag is that the stuff is spendy!  And, stocking inventory is not cheap.  But, it sure would be nice to have a shop with some of it available so that you could lay hands on it locally! Well, Armored Fire has high end guns and so does J&S, but they do not stock the "do dads"!

We're slowly getting there.  We've been selling the badger tac latches, Yankee Hills Free Float rails, GG&G sling things, DPMS pop up rear sights, Midwest rails and flashlight mounts, etc.  Hope to have more inventory of GG&G, Badger, and a new company that will knock your socks off.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:53:20 AM EDT
[#8]
sounds good.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top