Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2018 8:56:50 PM EDT
While working on the problems in Bath County, I decided to look around a little and finally asked the City Clerk of the County Seat, Owingsville about any possible gun regulations there. I sent her an Open Records Request and got this in response. Here is Section V. out of their City Employees Policy Handbook.

V. Carrying of Deadly Weapons Prohibited:

1. Except as provided in KRS 527.020, an employee shall not be in possession of a deadly weapon while on City premises, including personal vehicles and city owned vehicles, unless he/she is required to carry a deadly weapon as a job requirement.

2. A deadly weapon is defined as ..............

This is a violation of KRS 65.870 and a violation of KRS 237.110(17) for anyone that may have a KY CCDWL.

I sent a message to the mayor and got this back from him.

""Mr. softpoint,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We are a small town with only 12 employees
(5 of which are police) and this concern hasn't arisen since I've been mayor. The
"Section V" of our personnel policy you referred to will be removed at our next
month's council meeting. Had I realized this sooner it would have already been taken
out.

Thank you,

Mayor Gary Hunt
City of Owingsville, KY"
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 6:29:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish the Mayor of Oak Grove was this reasonable. Hopefully she'll be replaced in November.
View Quote
And that is just what happened.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:21:33 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah kentucky voted quite well, recently.   the rest of the country .... sigh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top