Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 1:02:39 PM EDT
Going to try my hand at betting the Derby and I was wondering if there are walk up betting windows available outside the track so you don't have to pay admission to get in.

If so, my plan is to walk up, bet and leave. I've got HD at home so no need to hang out with the drunks!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
No, you have to be inside to bet "legally".  
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh well...
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Find somebody going and call your bets to them on your cell. I was at the Oaks today and that was the way things were going down. Have to be honest with you, the eye candy was AWESOME!!!. It is worth buying a ticket just for the candy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Try Trackside that Churchill Downs own
it 4520 Poplar Level Rd, Louisville - (502) 962-2200

I DON'T KNOW if they open, I bet they are. call first
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:07:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No, you have to be inside to bet "legally".  

I wonder why that is.  Keenland has Drive Through betting windows.  They are on the property, but near the parking area, so you don't have to park or pay admission.

Regardless, I wouldn't fight the traffic at the track on Derby Day just to bet.  Like another poster suggested, I would go to an OTB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top