Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2008 5:39:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I think 2 cars would be the best

Look at the 2 cars from last time when we had 2 or 3 cases?

I really dont think that 1 car will last 6 cases
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think 2 cars would be the best

Look at the 2 cars from last time when we had 2 or 3 cases?

I really don't think that 1 car will last 6 cases

If we only have one car we can start a pool on the size of the largest piece left.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#5]
This is awesome man, I really appreciate you taking all the efforts to make this happen.  I have two weddings to get through and then I will see where my funds are.  I can't wait to meet up with all of you, seriously, you have no idea how excited I am.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I can donate a '95 chevy 3500 quad cab, if somebody has a trailer or what not to pick it up and drag it down there....

(No engine, however)

~Dan
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I know cheap cars are hard to find, but have you checked out Craigslist.   There are a few cars on there for about 500 that are barely working.  I see at least 2 right now for the 500 price.   I know its double the 250 originally planned, but it could be a good place to check.

Prep
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Two Weddings?  Hell, you're going to be ready for some serious blowing #$%& up after that torture

As long as you have gas funds to get there, it's still a sight worth seeing, and it's nice to meet guys from here!  Hope you can make it!!

Im 15 minutes away from knob, gas prices and wallet size BE DAMNED, I'll be there!  Probably with my two pair of tux "shoe" rentals in tow.  

BTW I have a kidney and a left testicle for trade toward some .223
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:42:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I can donate a '95 chevy 3500 quad cab, if somebody has a trailer or what not to pick it up and drag it down there....

(No engine, however)

~Dan

Thank you, Dan, for that offer!  I don't personally have a trailer, but doesn't mean I couldn't possibly acquire one...maybe.  What part of Ohio is this in if you don't mind me asking?

Dayton/Xenia Area
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:20:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

(No engine, however)

~Dan

Thank you, Dan, for that offer!  I don't personally have a trailer, but doesn't mean I couldn't possibly acquire one...maybe.  What part of Ohio is this in if you don't mind me asking?

Dayton/Xenia Area

I can get my hands on a nice car hauler trailer.  I'll just have to see if a road  trip to Dayton is in the cards......Diesel is so expensive, I gave my left nut and it didn't even cover the last fill up!!!

Seeing all that tannerite, I've decided it's too far away.  I can't wait.  Plus I think I've talked at least 4 or 5 others into coming already.

+1 for camping (I'll pitch in on the shit house)
+1 for Knob Creek rocks!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#14]
im going to do my best to be there, even if i dont have much ammo. Its fun just watching some of you guys going thru mags
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Should be a lot of campers! It will be warm enough and we have our own bathroom. Now we don't have to wait for Paul and Judy to leave their camper so we can sneak in and use theirs.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Should be a lot of campers! It will be warm enough and we have our own bathroom. Now we don't have to wait for Paul and Judy to leave their camper so we can sneak in and use theirs.

I guess you never saw the hidden camera!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:09:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, after I did some thinking, Id be better off not coming due to bills that need paid. I had knee surgery in April and Ill be paying the bill for that for a lil while.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:23:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well, after I did some thinking, Id be better off not coming due to bills that need paid. I had knee surgery in April and Ill be paying the bill for that for a lil while.

Rehab, rehab, rehab, and then a little more.  It took me two surgeries to figure that out.  It is well worth the pain.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#21]
if i can get some 308 ammo i'll be there.................

only need 500 rounds.............. for starters.............
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
im going to do my best to be there, even if i dont have much ammo. Its fun just watching some of you guys going thru mags

You come see me, I have a few mags through the M16 for you.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I would like to try to make it out from the Cincy Area...I'll have to wait until it gets closer to know for sure though.  Thanks for setting it up...I have only been to Knob Creek once a couple years ago for the machine gun shoot.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll be there!  Heck, i'm at KCR about twice a month anyways, it's right down the road!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#25]
at what point do you have enough tannerite?

I vote we all bring 1 case and make a huge single explosion that sends us all ducking for cover, 1 hit car destroyed, gun shop foundation cracked, emergancy personel responding, earthquake meters measuring the blast at 4.5 minimum, and everyone trying to leave before we get in real trouble.

KY BOB talks to the cops, everyone else shut it!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:36:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Honestly, what are the rules regarding how much tannerite one can set off at once.  Does Kenny have a limit on how much we can shoot at once?

Prep
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
at what point do you have enough tannerite?

I vote we all bring 1 case and make a huge single explosion that sends us all ducking for cover, 1 hit car destroyed, gun shop foundation cracked, emergancy personel responding, earthquake meters measuring the blast at 4.5 minimum, and everyone trying to leave before we get in real trouble.

KY BOB talks to the cops, everyone else shut it!!!

OH thanks bud!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#29]
So what I hear, is that by September 20th I need to find a big bucket, 1(maybe more) gallon of tannerite and something that I can move past the cars(for safety of course) that won't shoot shrapnel into Jefferson County.    Lets see what I can dig up.

Prep
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Honestly, what are the rules regarding how much tannerite one can set off at once.  Does Kenny have a limit on how much we can shoot at once?

Prep

I've never heard a limit, but one has to be reasonable, and above all safe.  Remember, we want to be able to return to Knob Creek!!  Typically the cars are only about 120 yards away, so can't be loading up a dump truck like that guy did up in Minnesota or wherever that was, that shook the nuclear plant miles away, lol.

NOTHING is allowed to be blown off property, and more importantly back towards the firing line/buildings.  We've set off some pretty big ones so far.  We actually set off a milk jug 3/4 full last year....it decimated the rear clip of that car!!!  Of course, the cars always seem to catch fire some how also.

What was that?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Prep

I've never heard a limit, but one has to be reasonable, and above all safe.  Remember, we want to be able to return to Knob Creek!!  Typically the cars are only about 120 yards away, so can't be loading up a dump truck like that guy did up in Minnesota or wherever that was, that shook the nuclear plant miles away, lol.

NOTHING is allowed to be blown off property, and more importantly back towards the firing line/buildings.  We've set off some pretty big ones so far.  We actually set off a milk jug 3/4 full last year....it decimated the rear clip of that car!!!  Of course, the cars always seem to catch fire some how also.

What was that?

I believe it's usually because of the Norse God named API
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 6:26:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a guy I work with here in Louisville(Springhurst) who has 94 Crown Vic that shit out on him and its sitting in our work's parking lot and he doesn't know what to do with it.  I asked him if he would sell it and to us and he said $200 would be awesome if someone would tow it away for him.  I don't have a way to tow it or the $200 to put up for it right now but I'll see what I have at end of next week(I'll be caught up on my bills for the month).  I figured we could jump on this.  He is gonna start getting the title stuff straightened out this week. It won't be able to sit up here until the shoot though, maybe we could work something out with Kenny?

I'll post pics of it tomorrow, I mean a week ago he was driving it so I think its more then anyone could have hoped for.

So let me know what you think.
My cell number is (502) 232-0386 if anyone needs it, it would be best to call me after 6:00 pm but anytime after noon or all day any weekend will do.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I have a guy I work with here in Louisville(Springhurst) who has 94 Crown Vic that shit out on him and its sitting in our work's parking lot and he doesn't know what to do with it.  I asked him if he would sell it and to us and he said $200 would be awesome if someone would tow it away for him.  I don't have a way to tow it or the $200 to put up for it right now but I'll see what I have at end of next week(I'll be caught up on my bills for the month).  I figured we could jump on this.  He is gonna start getting the title stuff straightened out this week. It won't be able to sit up here until the shoot though, maybe we could work something out with Kenny?

I'll post pics of it tomorrow, I mean a week ago he was driving it so I think its more then anyone could have hoped for.

So let me know what you think.
My cell number is (502) 232-0386 if anyone needs it, it would be best to call me after 6:00 pm but anytime after noon or all day any weekend will do.

I have access to a car hauler trailer in L-ville.  I could probably make this one happen.  Last time Kenny didn't mind our vehicles parked down there for a little while, but it would be wise to ask.  How quickly does the car need to be moved?  Maybe we could get him to cut the price, if we do come and get it.  Otherwise he's gonna have to pay to have it hauled to the scrap yard.

Lemme know what gets decided.  I will definitely work out a way to come get it if he'll take $100 for it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#37]
thats cool fellows, I'll see what he says.  Either way it was worth a try.  Hell, I'll probably just let him read this post and then we'll seewhat he thinks, he works 3rd shift and I don't plan on being hear when he arrives tonight so I'll just send him this link.  I'll give him my email addy and maybe I'll here something back this weekend.

BTW there is no immediate rush to get the car off of the lot.

Edit: I know we're just gonna blow it up but if condition is a concern I know its gonna be hard to get anything better lookin'.  The guy is currently checking out all of his options and he knows we will give him $100 for it so maybe I'll hear something from him.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Any problem with bringing a couple family members ( non arfcomers)

Is there usually parts and accesories forsale at these shoots it will be my first and I figured I should bring some fun money.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Any problem with bringing a couple family members ( non arfcomers)

Is there usually parts and accesories forsale at these shoots it will be my first and I figured I should bring some fun money.

No problem.  We welcome all.

There will usually be some guys to bring some stuff to trade, but Knob Creek always has stuff to sell.  Plus it's not a bad idea to support them, so we continue to have the one of the best places in the US to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Knob has a shop but I dont think many of the members will be bringing stuff to sell.  I just haven't seen anyone advertising any items for sale.
Link Posted: 7/27/2008 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/27/2008 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/27/2008 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#43]
You know you can get a ride down right?  (WTF happened to the quote? This was for bryan)
Link Posted: 7/27/2008 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#44]
I MAY be able to come up with a trailer for the truck in Dayton, but I do not have a vehicle to pull it with.
Link Posted: 7/28/2008 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You come see me, I have a few mags through the M16 for you.

Thanks KY BOB, the GF will be coming as well and she has never shot an m16 before, might take you up on your offer. I have a little over 300rds of federal xm193 right now and am working on getting more before the shoot. Shooting my ar is fun but it isnt m16 fun
Link Posted: 7/28/2008 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
You know you can get a ride down right?  (WTF happened to the quote? This was for bryan)

Thanks man, Ill see what Linda has to say. I could split the gas.
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 4:46:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Can anyone purchase Tannerite, if so where?

Ive seen pictures of the last shoot, can't wait to see the explosions up close.
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 5:27:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Can anyone purchase Tannerite, if so where?

Ive seen pictures of the last shoot, can't wait to see the explosions up close.

www.tannerite.com/  
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#50]
I plan to come to this shoot it will be my first. I have never shot a full auto and would like to, anyone bringing anything I could shoot if I provide good ammo? And another question does everybody put in money for the cars/tannerite? I would be more than happy to contibute to the cause.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top