Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 7:29:34 AM EDT
I'll be starting college 2007 and I'm interested in WKU (one of the best photojournalism schools in the nation), so I wanted to go and check it out personally. However, it's about 700 miles away, and that's a long way to go just to see it up close. So, I was wondering if any Kentuckyans around can give me any other reasons to go to Bowling Green or that general area.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#1]
well bowling green is like a little over an hour from Nashville and thats a big town with lots to see..ask the TN forum.  

Bout a little over an hour to Louisville too..I am told that the ARMs museum there is really interesting to see.  Plus all kinds of other stuff and its a big city.

Ft. Cambpell is abuot an hour or so away too and there are all kinds of military and other shops around....   www.lightfighter.com  I think is a good tactical type.

Essayons
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#2]
1.  It's where Corvettes are made.
2.  WKU's mascot is an undefinable blob of red known as a hilltopper.

Other than those, I can't really come up with anything.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a little over an hour from Knob Creek so schedule your visit during the machine gun shoot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I received my undergrad and grad degree from WKU.  Great school with a pretty campus.  They have a great photo journalism department.

If you are looking for a bunch to do in BG, then keep looking.  I moved to Louisville, because I couldn't find work paying more then $10 per hour and you can only tour the Vette plant so many times.  

WKU is a suitcase campus, parties on Thursdays, skip class on Friday so you can go home and do laundry and see the folks.  Keep that in mind when making your decision.  Weekends on campus are typically dead...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#5]
WKU IS A GREAT LITTLE COLLEGE.  SEVERAL FRIENDS WENT THERE AND AS STATED ABOVE THURSDAY IS PARTY NIGHT.  WKU USED TO BE ONE OF THE TOP PARTY CAMPUSES IN THE NATION.  IT DOES SIT IN A "WET" COUNTY,  HOME OF THE VETTE,  BEECH BEND RACEWAY, AND SEVERAL OTHER ATRRACTIONS.  30 MINS. TO MAMMOTH CAVE,  45 MINS FROM BARREN RIVER LAKE,  75 MINS. TO KNOB CREEK,  75 MINS TO NOLIN LAKE,  AND IS REASONABLEY PRICED TO ATTEND COMPARED TO SOME OTHER CAMPUSES.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top