Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 10:07:09 AM EDT
Gun show this weekend (august 6, 7) in Lexington at heritage hall for those that are interested.

Same guy is putting one on in september in Lawrenceburg (my hometown) ...Amazing.

Essayons
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:45:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks!  I get to go to one more show before moving to SC!  (the DAY BEFORE!)  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Ol' Kenny Woods!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:01:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Did anyone besides me get to go?

About the usual I guess. At least JT Distributing was in attendance. Got some parts there.

Guy from what must have been Walts Militaria had some good different ammo and some decent prices.  Had .223 blanks for .05 each which beats the 8-10 cents that people normally charge WHEN you can find them.  I went on sunday and wanted to pick up some .50 cal rounds but he had sold all he had on saturday and only had tracer left.  Also got some unusual Guatamalan military .223 (5.56) and it was like 4.25 for 30 rounds.

Got some small odds and ends, nothing was really supercheap but since I was on sunday, I probably missed all the deals on saturday.  Only good buy I saw was a Rock Island .45 for 300 bucks but the guy wouldn't budge on the price (at least I tried).

A new guy from florida was there. I think his business was called Indian River Guns or something like that.  Had an AWESOME selection of US military pistols and rifles and even parts for all of them (I picked up a few parts)  We are talking probably 60 govt. .45's in all stages, plus 03's, garands, carbines, 97 winchesters, etc...and not just one or two but a nice selection...almost thought it was a collection.  the prices...well...lets just say they weren't cheap.

Essayons
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:42:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I went...mostly everything was grossly overpriced.  Just trade away the Mac-11 I had been trying to sell forever for a Glock 20.  I got a good deal on it, so not to bad of a show I guess.  All in all I would, same ole, same ole.  Some pretty neat stuff, but way over priced.  A few mags that I looked at almost made me laugh.  One guy had a Bulgarian Waffle AK mag...just wanted 50.00 dollars for it!!!  And doesn't some of these idiots know that the assault weapon ban is over?  They were still selling Sig hi-cap mags for like 45.00 dollars a piece.  Crazy!  But I have to say it was worth the 7 dollars just to see some of  these idiots.

Blake
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Did anyone besides me get to go?

About the usual I guess. At least JT Distributing was in attendance. Got some parts there.

Guy from what must have been Walts Militaria had some good different ammo and some decent prices.  Had .223 blanks for .05 each which beats the 8-10 cents that people normally charge WHEN you can find them.  I went on sunday and wanted to pick up some .50 cal rounds but he had sold all he had on saturday and only had tracer left.  Also got some unusual Guatamalan military .223 (5.56) and it was like 4.25 for 30 rounds.

Got some small odds and ends, nothing was really supercheap but since I was on sunday, I probably missed all the deals on saturday.  Only good buy I saw was a Rock Island .45 for 300 bucks but the guy wouldn't budge on the price (at least I tried).

A new guy from florida was there. I think his business was called Indian River Guns or something like that.  Had an AWESOME selection of US military pistols and rifles and even parts for all of them (I picked up a few parts)  We are talking probably 60 govt. .45's in all stages, plus 03's, garands, carbines, 97 winchesters, etc...and not just one or two but a nice selection...almost thought it was a collection.  the prices...well...lets just say they weren't cheap.

Essayons

It was his collection,I talked to him for awhile,he was a retired Commander in the USN,he knew what he was talking about,a real nice guy(as his wife,both VERY knowlegable),had 2 IBM M1 Carbines for $750,and in nice shape.(damn,I could turn it around and sell it for $1k to some idiot in Lexington),got a cleaning kit from CJ Weapons,Former Marine,another nice guy!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

A]It was his collection,I talked to him for awhile,he was a retired Commander in the USN,he knew what he was talking about,a real nice guy(as his wife,both VERY knowlegable),had 2 IBM M1 Carbines for $750,and in nice shape.(damn,I could turn it around and sell it for $1k to some idiot in Lexington),got a cleaning kit from CJ Weapons,Former Marine,another nice guy!

A) why didn't you
B)who is the idiot in lexington? maybe I can sell him somehting :)
I have seen something like that price at one of the shops in Lexy (but can't recall where) and thought 'what idiot pays that for a carbine'.

I bought some parts from this guy...they were higher than online and new parts (this were original gi issue old parts he said...not that I cared)..but were an impulse buy so I bought them...but only about 1/3 of what I really wanted to buy.

Essayons
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A]It was his collection,I talked to him for awhile,he was a retired Commander in the USN,he knew what he was talking about,a real nice guy(as his wife,both VERY knowlegable),had 2 IBM M1 Carbines for $750,and in nice shape.(damn,I could turn it around and sell it for $1k to some idiot in Lexington),got a cleaning kit from CJ Weapons,Former Marine,another nice guy!

A) why didn't you
B)who is the idiot in lexington? maybe I can sell him somehting :)
I have seen something like that price at one of the shops in Lexy (but can't recall where) and thought 'what idiot pays that for a carbine'.

I bought some parts from this guy...they were higher than online and new parts (this were original gi issue old parts he said...not that I cared)..but were an impulse buy so I bought them...but only about 1/3 of what I really wanted to buy.

Essayons

Thanks to getting laid off due to company going Ch.7,I don't have that "free" money anymore.Classic Arms has that IBMer for $1145,whoever buys that,is nuts. The little carbine ain't THAT great. That CJ guy had some damned good cleaning stuff,wish I could have gotten more.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Classic Arms has that IBMer for $1145,whoever buys that,is nuts. .

glad in not the only one who thinks they are way overpriced
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Classic Arms has that IBMer for $1145,whoever buys that,is nuts. .

glad in not the only one who thinks they are way overpriced

It's cause of the old IBM(now Lexmark plant) in LEX! They've always been overpriced here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top