Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2020 1:41:39 PM EDT
I'm going on the assumption that AR15 rifles, especially Colts, are NG here in Konnecticut regardless if they are C&R, right?  Just curious.  Of course you would have to be able to prove that the Colt lower was actually manufactured a full 50 years ago using the serial numbers.  There were supposedly 10,000 made before 1970 from what I've heard.  I haven't confirmed or done any research on those numbers.  In a "free" state a C&R would be fun to buy without having to go through all the paperwork..
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm going on the assumption that AR15 rifles, especially Colts, are NG here in Konnecticut regardless if they are C&R, right?  Just curious.  Of course you would have to be able to prove that the Colt lower was actually manufactured a full 50 years ago using the serial numbers.  There were supposedly 10,000 made before 1970 from what I've heard.  I haven't confirmed or done any research on those numbers.  In a "free" state a C&R would be fun to buy without having to go through all the paperwork..
View Quote
Colt is fine
Some Colts are not fine- There are banned by name Colts and others that are not banned by name- its silly, but true
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
C&R M16 is a moot point.  "once a machine gun, always a machine gun" is the mantra of the ATF.   The M16 is verboten to us unless it was somehow registered before the ban.  The other issue is that in Connecticut you can't own a "select fire" machine gun.  I has to be "safe or full auto".  There are very few "full auto only" M16s.  I, however, happen to know of one in town, all legal and above board but very rare.  So, C&R is moot with the M16 for those reasons. I only brought this C&R example up as one that is unobtainium for really dumb reasons..
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
C&R M16 is a moot point.  "once a machine gun, always a machine gun" is the mantra of the ATF.   The M16 is verboten to us unless it was somehow registered before the ban.  The other issue is that in Connecticut you can't own a "select fire" machine gun.  I has to be "safe or full auto".  There are very few "full auto only" M16s.  I, however, happen to know of one in town, all legal and above board but very rare.  So, C&R is moot with the M16 for those reasons. I only brought this C&R example up as one that is unobtainium for really dumb reasons..
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Any M16 can be converted to "full-auto only" for the purpose of being transferred to a CT resident.  It doesn't change its status as a machine gun with the feds, but as long as the phrase "full-auto only" appears in the box for miscellaneous info on the Form 4, the transfer will be approved.  Once the semi-auto function is removed, it is no longer an evil assault weapon and can be purchased, owned and used in CT.

They are rare only in that there aren't that many people who live in CT who can afford one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Any M16 can be converted to "full-auto only" for the purpose of being transferred to a CT resident.  It doesn't change its status as a machine gun with the feds, but as long as the phrase "full-auto only" appears in the box for miscellaneous info on the Form 4, the transfer will be approved.  Once the semi-auto function is removed, it is no longer an evil assault weapon and can be purchased, owned and used in CT.

They are rare only in that there aren't that many people who live in CT who can afford one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct.  I read the first quote last night and forgot to reply.  You can buy an M-16 today.  Just have to remove the select fire capability.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top