Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2013 10:26:00 AM EDT
Refused to sign my form 4, "he's just not signing assault weapons to be shortened for civilians at this time"... Who's going to educate me on the easiest llc/trust route...
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#2]
But he'll sign them for the Military?

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#3]
In June or July you will no longer need to have a CLEO signature for ATF forms..... Just notification. Just heard that here and I'm pumped
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#4]
What does make run price wise? Also is there any documentation proving that information from the atf?
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What does make run price wise? Also is there any documentation proving that information from the atf?

What information exactly is it that you're looking for. I know the Chief, if you go to him and tell him "just sign it, in a few months I won't need your signature anyways." he'll just tell you to pound sand and wait those few months then. If he's not gonna sign, go the trust route. I'm setting one up right now, also I've been told by my dealer that ATF wants a bank account in the trust's name now to pay for the item as well as the stamp so keep that in mind. Did the Chief tell you he's not signing or did someone else? If so who, PM me if you could please.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Pm sent
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll quote Got_Guns and say that its "on GSA's website"
I don't know what that it is exactly, but he's the one that I heard about July, no more CLEO signatures needed for ATF forms 1&4.
He knows his stuff, so I believe what he says.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't know what that it is exactly, but he's the one that I heard about July, no more CLEO signatures needed for ATF forms 1&4.

That makes me pumped!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I heard this was coming down as well, but I hadn't heard anything about any timeline so that's good news. I'm just starting to get into the Class III game myself and I'd love to SBR my XCR and get a couple more cans.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Refused to sign my form 4, "he's just not signing assault weapons to be shortened for civilians at this time"... Who's going to educate me on the easiest llc/trust route...

Fuck him, you dont need him anyways- go the trust route, just more money
after ATF approves,
send chief a neckid picture of you and your new NFA toy- a nasty pic

I always like to say " with or without your approval, I am buying this. You can either be a part of the process and learn a little about me and my toys or I can go another route and leave you completely out of the loop!" Most chiefs that dont have thier head up their ass want to help and be a part of the process.
best of luck
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#11]
So you like to send naked pictures of yourself to police chiefs?

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/19490852.jpg

Only if he refuses to do his damn job and sign a piece of paper for a non-prohibited person that is paying his salary......

Mine would say........"ho ho ho I got a trust and a machinegun now......"

:banana:
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/19490852.jpg

only when its appropriate
its ct homo forum- you should know dis
NO HOMO
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Yea a bit frustrating for sure - my intent was to save some coin and not have to shell out the cash for a lawyer to draw up a trust.... we shall see how this goes.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Can you provide more details on this lawyer?

I did a search and they are covered under my company's legal services.  So I will make contact with them to possible start my NFA trust.

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard this was coming down as well, but I hadn't heard anything about any timeline so that's good news. I'm just starting to get into the Class III game myself and I'd love to SBR my XCR and get a couple more cans.

Can someone embellish on this a little more for me? So no CLEO SIG needed at some point soon, but still $200 and a 6 month or longer wait still?
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can someone embellish on this a little more for me? So no CLEO SIG needed at some point soon, but still $200 and a 6 month or longer wait still?

CLEO sign off was from before the days of NCICS, so there was never a way to check to see if the applicant had anything in their background that wouldn't show up on the federal radar.  Now that we have NCICS, there is no reason to have the local CLEO sign off.  Because of the ease of going the trust route as an end-around, the ATF has decided that while an entity rather than just an individual may own NFA items, establishing an entity to get around cranky CLEOs is kind of an abuse of the ability to register as an entity, and cause a lot more work at the NFA branch.  To bring intent of the applicants in line with intent of the law, the CLEO sign off is being eliminated.  Entities will still be able to own, but there is much less reason for someone to create such an entitiy for NFA ownership if the flawed roadblock of CLEO is taken out of the picture.

The TLDR is that cranky chiefs are replaced by computerized background checks instead of trusts.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:24:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks Dan.

OP, coincidentally I noticed that one of Branfords emergency dispatchers is in the same Facebook group as me. I asked him what this guys deal was. I'll let you know what his response is.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:54:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Yea - not trying to make a big deal - I know some Leo's in town. I believe it's more of a political move because of newtown. Frustrating but. Unfortunately it's his right. Due to my relationships in town I'd prefer not to make waves about it, but with no signoff needed in the future (I want my 300 blackout sbr now!) I may just wait for that to save funds.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:25:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yea - not trying to make a big deal - I know some Leo's in town. I believe it's more of a political move because of newtown. Frustrating but. Unfortunately it's his right. Due to my relationships in town I'd prefer not to make waves about it, but with no signoff needed in the future (I want my 300 blackout sbr now!) I may just wait for that to save funds.

The name of your trust should lampoon him.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:36:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Its not his right, he is failing to do his job.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#22]
My chief wouldn't sign my form, Granby. He said it was because he didn't know me. He had been the cheif for only about 2 months. So, gotta trust and my can.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 7:08:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Maybe you could buy a remington 870 or mossberg 590 and give him the paperwork to sign for SBS.

no scary evil assault weapon here ... just a pump shotti with a fixed 5rd magazine.

once he has signed one form 1 ... how can he deny you on another one?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 7:18:43 AM EDT
[#24]
That's what I told my cheif. The previous cheif signed off on a can and sbr. This new guy didn't give a shit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 7:39:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That's what I told my cheif. The previous cheif signed off on a can and sbr. This new guy didn't give a shit.

Just curious, do you have a pistol permit?

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes sir. 11years.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#27]
link to the gsa reg affairs website

Timetable is listed as 7/13.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Also a permit holder for 4 year... Timetable looks legit... Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My chief wouldn't sign my form, Granby. He said it was because he didn't know me. He had been the cheif for only about 2 months. So, gotta trust and my can.

Isnt that a GOOD thing?? If he knew you, that would mean you have had run ins with the law before.

Im about to ask my cheif and worried he is going to say no as well :(

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The name of your trust should lampoon him.

I like this idea.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes sir. 11years.

Yea thats weird then......
I would figure that theyd be smart enough to look this up and once they see you have the permit, clearly you were able to obtain it (through the PD) so why not allow you to have whatever you want.

As far as the other guys that are nervous.  The CLEO of Simsbury, just signed mine in January with no problems.  Just give it a try, worse case they say no, but at least you tried......then wait until July, and waive it in their faces if they say no now....
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#32]
My CLEO asked me to come in for a quick interview with a pic of my safe...3 months ago it would have been NBD.

He signed it. He signed my CCW stuff back last year this time, so he knew who I was, CCW got approved in 6 months.

I get it, but I don't...

By the time i get the cash up for the SDN6, I wont need him, but after 0-bama appoints his new ATF chief shit could go bad real fast.

Now that he is cool with me I may go balls to the walls and giterdun.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My CLEO asked me to come in for a quick interview with a pic of my safe...3 months ago it would have been NBD.

He signed it. He signed my CCW stuff back last year this time, so he knew who I was, CCW got approved in 6 months.

I get it, but I don't...

By the time i get the cash up for the SDN6, I wont need him, but after 0-bama appoints his new ATF chief shit could go bad real fast.

SAME exact situation for me Cav!
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it, but I don't...

What are you guys?  Secret valentines?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it, but I don't...

What are you guys?  Secret valentines?

Alright ALright whats your address Dan, I'll send you out a Valentines card so your not upset
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Yea I wrote a letter offering to come in and sit within if he requested.. Whatever. Come July it'll be good to go... Give me time/money to buy my upper parts
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I tried to get my chief to sign for a couple of cans a few years ago. You have to call his secretary to make an appt to see him and when I told her what it was for she shrieked and dropped the phone on the floor. She was nearly hyperventilating when she picked the phone back up and said he wouldn't sign it so I had to get a trust.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I checked out the legaleagle people but there is no mention of cost. I know that is for the consultation but cold any of you give me an idea of the cost of setting up a trust?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 3:12:28 AM EDT
[#39]
400$ through Delta Arsenal's provider expect some people to talk sh!t about it but I haven't heard of anyone having trouble with it ....yet..
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:40:55 AM EDT
[#40]
NO secret its right here on the interwebz...I detect a touch of jealousy here....

BR was my first internetbuddy on Arfcom...then I dumped him for PauliG...he handled it very welll, you? well not so much...

Delata sezthey cant find SDN-6 anywhere, like most parts and assemblies.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:41:06 AM EDT
[#41]
go to Mark and get a trust, it was $500 for mine a few years ago.  i got it mostly so i can have more than one person with access to my NFA toys, meaning my brother, who i can also convince to pay for the $200 stamp hahaha.  the other part was no CLEO, prints, and photo just to make it simpler.  even if you are besites with your CLEO he still has to sign it, then get prints, a photo and so on, with my trust i just go fill out the form at my dealer, get a check, then go to the post office.  it's so much easier, the Form 1s take 20min to complete and then ship out.  

just get the Trust, makes things so much easier.  also if you Form 1 something it's not your actual name on the item.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top