Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2013 6:32:53 AM EDT
This is a huge problem if they get there way.
They are mad that about 50% of their gun permit revocations are overturned but I think that shows how well the process is working.
http://www.countytimes.com/articles/2013/02/06/news/doc51124b3e79687553942605.txt
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:04:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
They are mad that about 50% of their gun permit revocations are overturned but I think that shows how well the process is working.
http://www.countytimes.com/articles/2013/02/06/news/doc51124b3e79687553942605.txt

yes that is a perfect thing to do, put 100% of the deciding factor into the hands on just ONE MAN in each town.  Douche bags.  if they can pass a background check to buy a gun there is no reason they can't have the permit.

it took me the better part of a month to get my first selectman to sign my form, i went in there every day for a week straight before he finally did it.  i live in a small town of like 3,500 people and was military for the better part of 7yrs at that point so he really had no reason to take that long.  i really didn't even want it, i just didn't want to do the 2 week douche bag wait one has to do if you don't have it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes that is a perfect thing to do, put 100% of the deciding factor into the hands on just ONE MAN in each town.  Douche bags.  if they can pass a background check to buy a gun there is no reason they can't have the permit.

it took me the better part of a month to get my first selectman to sign my form, i went in there every day for a week straight before he finally did it.  i live in a small town of like 3,500 people and was military for the better part of 7yrs at that point so he really had no reason to take that long.  i really didn't even want it, i just didn't want to do the 2 week douche bag wait one has to do if you don't have it.

THe current proposal would have appeal be directly to the Superior Court.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#3]
police chief = political appointee = politician

Any questions?
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#4]
What else do you expect out of a state run by a ragged band of the worst sort of wretched cunts?

Move.  That's your only option in CT.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Move to Wolcott, we are about as redneck as it gets .

Chief signed off pronto , had my CCW in 6 weeks.

He is more cautious tho now after Sandy Hook...
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#6]
4 out of the 7 board members are retired too brass cops

The only chiefs bitching are the ones playing games with issuing permits.

The system works and works well.  It provides oversight in a government that is sorely lacking it.

The only alternative is to sue the state, which is beyond the realm of many applicants, myself included.

The police chief's assoc is really showing their contempt of the citizenry and government institutions on this.

I don't think it will pass, and it will also curb their other recommendations

Never forget!

Still fight this one hard.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 3:00:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The police chief's assoc is really showing their contempt of the citizenry and government institutions on this.

Agreed.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Manchester got me mine in less than 4, Chief signed it on a Sunday
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats the only day he workd

Wolcott wanted pictures of Cav's safe and references for his form 1 though....

I told him to put a blue dildo in the safe.

MPD had my form 1 signed while I was out to lunch
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?!?!  i would have sent in a picture of the house saying it's in there, want to see it then get a warrant.  i'm getting a trust"  

AHHHHHHHHHHHH  i get so pissed every time i think about how stupid this crap is with the local LE signatures.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn my town sounds amazing!
Had my CCW in 5 weeks...no issues whatsoever.
Just got my form 1 signed by the chief after newtown....no issues whatsoever.
But my town also contains Metacon....so I wonder how this plays a roll...
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I bet the even bigger issue where you are is the $$$, and that there are an awful lot of people in Sims who aren't afraid to show legal muscle.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:01:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I bet the even bigger issue where you are is the $$$, and that there are an awful lot of people in Sims who aren't afraid to show legal muscle.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#14]
My first thought: Of all permits that were either revoked or denied, how many permit holders later committed a crime in which firearms were involved?

Second thought: Chief Fusaro of Norwich is on our side. He quickly signed off on both my forms 1 and 4.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:12:29 AM EDT
[#15]
My first thought: Of all permits that were either revoked or denied, how many permit holders later committed a crime in which firearms were involved?

not as "uncommon" as you might think.  The only ones you hear are the ones that receives press that the media wants to cover.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#16]
What I find interesting on this.  The CCM wants to eliminate the BFPE because their local chief's judgments are overtured.  If the board is disbanded, they propose those rejected take their case to superior court.  

Under the current setup, what is stopping the local issuing chief from taking the board's decision to superior court?

later
James
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Interesting point James

Tell the chiefs assoc to take the board to court
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Interesting point James

Tell the chiefs assoc to take the board to court

If the board is disbanded and then it lies with the Chiefs , I see the following scenario happening quite often.

How many people who after being denied a pistol permit would turn around and hire an attorney to represent them in Superior Court. I would say between 10-20%.
The Chiefs want to play a numbers game, knowing full well if they are denying people permits that the chances of that individual turning around and hiring a attorney is slim. Thus they win through attrition.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No references Dan, just a brief conversation, and the pic. As I stated before he would be happy as hell to see me in a McDonald's getting robbed with my 17+1.

Sounds like a direct violation of Article I, Section 15, based on economic standing alone. I cant defend my rights because I cant afford an attorney?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No references Dan, just a brief conversation, and the pic. As I stated before he would be happy as hell to see me in a McDonald's getting robbed with my 17+1.

Sounds like a direct violation of Article I, Section 15, based on economic standing alone. I cant defend my rights because I cant afford an attorney?

Or a safe.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top