Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 10:48:35 AM EDT
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to get a couple 1911's triggers upgraded / replaced. They don't have to be some off the charts great match trigger, just a step up from stock. I like the ones that are silver with the holes drilled in them. Anyone have a good priced good gunsmith for something like this?

Thanks in Advance
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Hit up JoJo's Gunworks in Southington, that is their specialty

http://jojosgunworks.com/
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for JoJos, Jody will do a kick ass job for you.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to get a couple 1911's triggers upgraded / replaced. They don't have to be some off the charts great match trigger, just a step up from stock. I like the ones that are silver with the holes drilled in them. Anyone have a good priced good gunsmith for something like this?

Thanks in Advance

Another vote for JOJOs.  Jody did this one right before they moved from New Britian which is why it is marked Josph's Customs on the frame.  Solid triggers are the rage now but they still use these as well:

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Couldn't agree more.  Go visit them.  They have two or three of their custom 1911's in the display case right now.  A really nice bobbed Colt Commander in alloy and a nice gold cup.  I think I saw one of their straight-up customs there too.  That should give you an idea of what they can do firsthand.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is a full house custom Jody did for me a few years ago.  No hesitation, I would another one tomorrow.  But... This one keeps chugging along.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Ray what sights are those?
Is that a Caspain frame and slide that they build off of?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Couldn't agree more.  Go visit them.  They have two or three of their custom 1911's in the display case right now.  A really nice bobbed Colt Commander in alloy and a nice gold cup.  I think I saw one of their straight-up customs there too.  That should give you an idea of what they can do firsthand.

They are planning on having more and more "custom ready to go" 1911s based on Caspian frames and slides for guys who want something nicely customized without the wait.  You can always tweak them to your specs later.  

One of my old 1911s is in the case now (the green and black two tone with a Para frame and Colt slide) in case anyone has any questions about it.  It the store's BTW, not mine anymore.

I traded the 1911 in the pics above for a deal I couldn't pass up.  We all held it lovingly at the shop before we shipped it out.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ray what sights are those?
Is that a Caspain frame and slide that they build off of?

The sights are Yost-Bonitz Pro Grade front and rear. Yes, Caspian frame and slide.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:14:12 AM EDT
[#9]
OH MAN I completely forgot about Jody and John!

Thanks Guys,
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:21:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are planning on having more and more "custom ready to go" 1911s based on Caspian frames and slides for guys who want something nicely customized without the wait.  You can always tweak them to your specs later.  

One of my old 1911s is in the case now (the green and black two tone with a Para frame and Colt slide) in case anyone has any questions about it.  It the store's BTW, not mine anymore.

I traded the 1911 in the pics above for a deal I couldn't pass up.  We all held it lovingly at the shop before we shipped it out.
Yes that is the one I am thinking of.  My own interests in 1911's is for the old and original, but there is no denying those are some sharp customs.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I have one I've been setting up myself as funds allow and plan to have them do the last few bits of work and get it refinished. Some stuff just requires tools I don't want to afford, and skills I just don't have.
In particular I'm planning to have them checker the front strap and install a high ride beavertail. I'm debating new sights on the regular slide, it's an SA GI and the stock sights aren't just lousy, the back one's come loose finally. I figure while I'm at it I could get novaks put on, but I almost never use it as a 45, the 22 conversion pretty much lives on that frame. That makes spending the money on sights and the extra machine work tough to justify.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#12]
You can drop a Videcki trigger in yourself...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top