Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2009 11:40:45 PM EDT
I have a friend coming home from the army who wants to shoot with me. I live in RI and I'm not a member at any clubs here. Can I bring my firearms to

shoot at a public range in MA? Also I wanted to bring my AR, it has a flash suppressor, collapsible stock, and 30rnd mags (all Mass no no's right?) So

my question is can a non resident bring non-mass compliant firearms into the state and shoot at a public range?

thanks, John
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:05:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a friend coming home from the army who wants to shoot with me. I live in RI and I'm not a member at any clubs here. Can I bring my firearms to

shoot at a public range in MA? Also I wanted to bring my AR, it has a flash suppressor, collapsible stock, and 30rnd mags (all Mass no no's right?) So

my question is can a non resident bring non-mass compliant firearms into the state and shoot at a public range?

thanks, John

no.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
That is a shame, so the AR is out. What about my H&K and Colt pistols? They don't sell them in MA so are they "illegal"?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the only way you could bring anything into MA is if you are on the way to a sanctioned competition - and even then, I wouldn't, unless I had a non-resident permit.  Are there no public ranges in RI?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#4]
As already stated, NO to all the above! You need to have a MA NR LTC or be attending a competition (and be able to prove it), otherwise you are staring at a felony. Can't even bring ammo into MA w/o that LTC!

Also NO hi-cap mags made after 9/13/1994 and no so-called assault weapons (same as old Fed Ban) in MA unless you are an LEO . . . even if you had the LTC.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]
There is one state range in RI, but no rifles except centerfire allowed. It really is a shame. I usually shoot in CT at the Andover club since my father

and good friend are members. I am probably moving come winter for work so I never looked into a membership at a local club. I am originaly from MA

and dislike the place more and more as time goes on. Never looking back on leaving that state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top