Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 2:32:57 AM EDT
another reason why they want the stolen gun bill???? that no one has mentioned yet????

Because if they pass that.. guess what the next step is???????

Assault Weapon and Handgun CONFISCATION

Think about it.

All the Saturday shooters who show up at the club with their AWs saying "well if they confiscate then I'll just tell them It got stolen" Duuuhhh... why do you think they WANT to pass this bill?

They KNOW about your registered Ak clone,; they know about your pre 1993 registered AR-15; they KNOW about your HANDGUNS - - so when they pass CONFISCATION orders - it'll be foolproof.

Now do you guys get it?

PLEASE LET'S PLAN A RALLY
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry guys, you can move....
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:03:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah sure, just move - ain't that simple.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:14:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I am moving.  I am doing all I can to leave CT.  It will soon become another New York, Mass, New Jersey.  The liberal bull$hit is slowly coming in and taking over. I am off to Georgia ASAP and when I do I am putting all the evils I can on my AR and giving a big Fyou to CT.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, and if Hillary wins in '08....... it won't matter WHERE you move. Not GA, not WY, not MT not
KS or TN

Given Bush's 39% approval rating (and yes I support Bush, but I'm a realist here) chances are ripe for a blow out in '08 (and what's the alternative........... McCain????? are they kidding!). The UN is scheduling
the gun ban treaty meetings to resume this summer in anticipation of lost (R) senate seats for the mid-terms this fall. People forgot about those meetings in 2001 during the summer in Bush's first term where he had John Bolton tell the UN where to stick their global gun ban treaty. Aftre 9/11 happened, everyone forgot that and also forgot that the (R) controlled House voted to screw it to the UN and NOT pay them $250 million dues for voting the US off of the Human Rights Commission.
(The money was paid back to Kofi Anan when Bush asked his blessing to Bomb Afghanistan in 2002)

That's why it's best to stand and fight. We've done it before in CT and WON.... we've beaten back handgun bans, carry bans, expanded AW bans, .50 caliber bans, etc.  And we can do it again.

I get really pissed when people start this "screw CT, move to a "free" state " bullshit or this "you're a loser for living in CT" or "glad I live in a free state unlike you dumbasses"- because some of us cannot just pack up and go. Some of us have jobs here that can't be replicated in southern and western states and some of us have family members who need us to be around.

I'd love to move if I could, but I am one of those who can't right now. And furthermore, it is at the state level where you can beat this shit.

Like I said, we've done it before here in CT in 1998, 2001, 2003, 2004 and we CAN do it again if we put enough pressure on these assholes in Hartford and so far, we're not AS BAD as : CA, MA. NJ, NY, MD, IL or HI and that is WITH a (D) majority in both the house and senate chambers of the State's General Assembly.

So, don't give up the fight.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Besides, don't you just love the fact that we do PISS these liberals off?

Here in CT they've FAILED with everything they've tried SINCE the 1993 AW ban, when granted, we were caught sleeping and a ONE vote margin passed the bill that came out of a Judiciary Quorum meeting at 3:00 am with asshole Lowell Weicker for a governor and all the hunter types moped around saying "it won't affect my deer gun" and all the skeet and trap shooters thought "it won't affect my Perazzi" and even the pistol shooters fiddled while Rome burned. (We did not have the internet in practical use back then to notify people)

In 1998 Mike Lawlor, Dr. Bradley of CAGV, Sen Jepsen and  West Hartford Police chief James Strillacci
got together to pass a murkily written draconian bill that would have compromised the practicality of carry permits. We BEAT it

In 1998 then Gov. Rowland signed a RANGE PROTECTION act into law that stopped the nuissance law suits against CT gun clubs - this is something the liberals fought for tooth and nail against, hoping to shut down every outdoor range and club in the state and we were VICTORIOUS

In 2001 "The Firearms Safety" bullshit act (CA part 2 assault weapons ban) was being pushed HARD by Lawlor and Jepsen..... it would have given us the  California 1999 ban list and banned the sale  of mags over ten rounds even those that WERE PRE BAN.... and those "sleeping" hunters and skeet shooters PACKED the Legislative Office Bldg. this time, so heavily, that they had to open overflow chambers with TV monitors to follow the proceedings. PEOPLE WOKE UP THAT YEAR AND WE WON!

We beat it, by getting them to pass it with all the teeth removed. Yes this is the bill that keeps the 1994 federal features ban in place in CT, but remember what the alternative was the next time you
slap in a "LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY" 30 rounder into your fixed stock, "comped" not flash suppressed AR.

They wanted to ban .50 calibers a couple of years ago taking the lead from California where even mr. Pro gun :"Ahhh-nold" signed the .50 ban into law over there.

We beat it...

Lawlor came up with an ominous "Certain Firearms" bill in 2004............. we beat the piss out of it before he could get it out of committee

Last year they wanted to pass another version of the stolen gun bill.... it was defeated.

What makes anyone  think we should just roll over and take it up the ass this time ?

We've been beating these communist anti American bastards and bitches for the last decade and we've NEVER held a majority in either legislative chamber.....

Doesn't that say something about our efforts and abilities?

Where's the fire in the belly this year?

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Dude, I've been pounding away on this issue up here.

I honestly think if just 50 people here in CT were doing what I've been doing (call my rep, calling the gov, calling the radio station every day, writing and submitting stuff to newspapers, telling everybody I see), this bill would be toast by now.

People need to realize just what they are capable of doing, and the only way to accomplish that is to try.

Rep. Mike Alberts and Gov. Rell are scheduled to be on WINY 1350am tomorrow between 9am and 11am.

Wonder why?

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:49:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Goblin, I didn't intend that message for you..... we know you're all over the bill.

It's to wake up the complacent ones out there - which is 99% of all gun owners
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am moving.  I am doing all I can to leave CT.  It will soon become another New York, Mass, New Jersey.  The liberal bull$hit is slowly coming in and taking over. I am off to Georgia ASAP and when I do I am putting all the evils I can on my AR and giving a big Fyou to CT.  

You are really scared of some liberals? Why exactly do you have that AR?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, Alberts and Rell were on this morning. Rell was via telephone and she didn't take questions, so HB 5818 wasn't brought up with her. She just talked about the budget.

Alberts, from the 50th district, was in studio and did field phone calls from the listening audience. He's on board with us, but he didn't come across as passionate about it. He believes the bill will get shot down or watered down and the chances it gets passed in current form are very low. We'll see.

Yes, I called in.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top