Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 10:44:38 AM EDT
Alright, now that is starting to warm up, its time to grab your gunss.

Again, I'm heading upto Ellington CT.  Probably around noon time.

Who wants in?

later
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a good day for shooting! The BigE Gun show is that weekend!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey,
    Ive been lurking over your friday range posts and now that you guys decide to shoot on a Saturday I have to already have plans.  The weather sounds awesome for some shooting though.
I'm in Enfield, but work at Kloter Farms in Ellington my name is Ryan do I know you or your buddy?? Keep posting when you guys will be shooting on Saturdays and Ill join in next time you go!!  If your into pistols check out www.fridaynightplates.com Ill be down there Friday night they run a good program! keep in touch.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Bingo... bad day to have a shoot.  Hell, I'm driving up for the show from PA.  Well, that and it is Spring Break.  Screw the Bahamas... the Big E show is coming!

- BG
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:19:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm heading to the PA show on the 11th. Heard that better than the Mass show!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:38:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo... bad day to have a shoot.  Hell, I'm driving up for the show from PA.  Well, that and it is Spring Break.  Screw the Bahamas... the Big E show is coming!

- BG

I've been to the BigE Gun show, and I've been to the Bahamas.

Let me assure you, you're making the wrong decision.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Me and my friends usually do friday mornings.  Two of us work 3rd shift, with thrus/fri off.  The other is self-employeed.

The reason behind the change this week?  I'm starting vacation tomorrow.  Then its going to rain on friday.  Then to make things better, its going to be warm out on Saturday.  

Its a no brainer, I'd rather shoot in the warm, then in the rain.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

My wallet can afford the ammo from the Big E... it can't afford the Bahamas.  

And VLODPG, the Farm Show is the best gig in town!  Keep your eye open for prebans... saw an EA J-15 for $600 last time.  Also tends to be lots of cosmoline-covered goodies... one guy was busting out $90 SKSs last year... so the rumor went.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought we couldn't buy ammo from MA.  Don't you need to have some MA permit to buy?

later

Quoted:

My wallet can afford the ammo from the Big E... i/quote]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#9]
That was my impression as well, but to my surprise at the last show I thought that I would try and was sold ammo no questions asked. Maybe there is a loophole pertaining to gunshow ammo sales? I dunno, but I tell you I will be trying again later this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

My wallet can afford the ammo from the Big E... it can't afford the Bahamas.  

And VLODPG, the Farm Show is the best gig in town!  Keep your eye open for prebans... saw an EA J-15 for $600 last time.  Also tends to be lots of cosmoline-covered goodies... one guy was busting out $90 SKSs last year... so the rumor went.

- BG

I have a fist full of $$$ & a envelope of signed FFL's
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That was my impression as well, but to my surprise at the last show I thought that I would try and was sold ammo no questions asked. Maybe there is a loophole pertaining to gunshow ammo sales? I dunno, but I tell you I will be trying again later this weekend.

I picked up a .223 South African Battle pack and some British .303 a few years ago at the Big E Show, no questions asked.  Not sure if they have changed their laws recently though.

I have an appointment with re-doing my kitchen counters this weekend, so I will have to pass too.  I haven't had a chance to go shooting since last October and I'm dying to get out, but my kitchen renovation has almost reached it's one year anniversary and I have to get it done before my wife stops talking to me.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I myself have picked up ammo at the MA show.  Dunno about MA law... don't really care either.

I need me some 5.45 and .308.  

- BG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top