Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 2:48:59 AM EDT
Does anyone know if the VZ 2000 is Legal - or is it considered an "AK TYPE"?

(Ohio Ord. VZ 58 clone) - non interchangeable with any AK but sure looks like one to the uninformed
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question, I'd say from the last response given by CSP parts aren't interchangable therefore technically, it's good. Think the Valmet falls under that category too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:00:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, the Valmet uses AK-47 mags though, doesn't it?

No one really knows. I can't find a dealer who will order one.

In 2002 the State Police posted (and I emphasize NOT on CSP letterhead) a notice that read to the effect: If the firearm LOOKS like a banned type, FUNCTIONS like a banned type and shares parts INTERCHANGEABILITY with a banned "type", then it is a banned type.

The VZ to the best of my knowledge, does not use AK mags, nor does it share interchangeable op rods, bolt carriers and bolts. One could argue it sure looks like an AK and to the average non gun interested person, one would think it is an "AK". To those of us who actually know, the VZ is NOT an AK clone even though it can be argued that its progeny can be traced to the AK.

Bear in mind, there is NO LEGAL DEFINITION IN THE STATUTE to define just what constitutes a "type" It can mean "A" today and "B, C, F, G but not  E and D tomorrow".

It's so f-d up it's not even funny

http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/vz2000/vz.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top