Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 6:42:13 PM EDT
Here is a quick question, my residnce is in CT however my father owns a good chunck of property in VT can I purcahse a Preban / No Ban weapon (Rifle) in VT and keep it on the property as long as I dont bring it back to CT, or do I have to be a resident of VT do do such?  Thakks Medic17
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:36:31 AM EDT
[#1]
When in Rome. In VT No-Ban is the law, so since it is a rifle there should be no problems. You cannot buy a pistol in a state other than your state of residence, but rifles do not fall under that rule. Also I would assume the rifle would be kept at your father's house and in his possesion. Your only thing is like you said, make sure that no-ban rifle doesn't make it back to CT.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#2]
So what your are saying its okay to purchase a rifle in my name even though I do not have an address in that state, as long as I do not bring it back to CT I am okay?  It would be kept at his house.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#3]
From an FFL.  No private sales.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top