Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 10:37:04 AM EDT
I recently bought a pre ban essential arms AR15 lower reciever for a good price. The nearest gun shop to me with a reasonable transfer fee is the CT Gun Exchange in Monroe on rt 25. I used them for my first AR lower, a Stag, went nice and smoothe so I decided to use them for my 3rd transfer. I am up at school so my father is taking care of everything this time. I get a call from my father telling me that he just got a call from CTGX that they have our lower and then the guy asks if it's a pre ban, my father says yes and the guy says he's not sure he can transfer this. WTF, someone help me out here, this is a legit lower. From now on I am only dealing with Newington Gun Exchange, I may have to drive an hour outa my way but at least they aren't incompetant.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Steve - Send them a copy of CT General Statute 53-202m and transfer you the lower.  Otherwise, they can ship on their dime to NGX.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to bug in, but does this mean what I think it means? A Pre-Ban, not on the list, needs no registration and is cool to own/transfer/import into the state.I may be moving back into the state and just want to doublecheck.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sorry to bug in, but does this mean what I think it means? A Pre-Ban, not on the list, needs no registration and is cool to own/transfer/import into the state.

I may be moving back into the state and just want to doublecheck.

That is exactly what that statute means.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:03:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks alot guys, hopefully the guy that is there when my father goes to pick it up today won't be as ignorant as the one on the phone. I do hope that I just got a dumb guy and this isn't the wya the whole shop is as they've been very good to us in the past and with gas like it is I really can't afford to drive an hour up to Newington anymore

Steve
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:31:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Dad picked up the lower a few minutes ago, called, let me know it looked like crap, told him I know, hence the good price lol. It is definately a project I'll work on over time, I just wana see pictures of it, I haven't even seen the damn thing yet. Thanks alot Racer

Steve
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool - Glad you got it.  Be sure to make it extra evil!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:12:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Now if only I could find someone to give one up . . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top