Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 6:47:07 AM EDT
A few months ago someone posted info on a CT dealer who was offering a good deal on AR15 receivers. I recall asking where the dealer was located, but the info has scrolled off my ability to find it (>30 days).

Could someone please post the who, what and where info on this deal? I may find myself in SW CT some day next month and it may pay for me to make a side-trip.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Hoffman's in Newington on the Berlin Turnpike.  I will be up there tomorrow, if you would like to check on them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Racer,

If you would check on what they are, how much and their hours I'd appreciate it.

It's likely that if I get up there, it will have to be on a Sunday later this month, if they are open. Otherwise, I'd have to make some special plans on stopping there on a Friday (if I can get down there that early) on my way down to CT.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Len;

When I picked up mine, they were 150.00 for the upper and lower.  They are manufactured by www.continentalmachinetool.com/firearms.html.  I built two ARs from the stripped lowers (one with the upper pair) and satisfied with the results.  If you are in SW CT and want to see them, I can arrange that as I live in SW CT.  Shoot me an IM.

Hoffman's is open M-F 9a-8p Sat 9a-6p Sun 11a-5pm

Edit to add:  Went to Hoffman's this morning.  The price is still the same, 150 for the pair, 80 for a single reciever (upper or lower).  The only problem is they have 6 left.  They plan on bringing in more, but not sure when.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I called Hoffman's this afternoon and learned that CT law requires a person who does not hold a CT CCW to meet a 14-day waiting period . . . even to buy a striped receiver.

So, no point in pursuing this idea any further.

BTW: If anyone knows the owner of packing.org, please advise him that any attempt to get state info leads to a "crashed page" with code only on it. I tried it with both IE and Netscape so it doesn't look product-specific. Can't find a link to his Email address from the top page (which comes thru fine).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top