Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2002 1:06:19 PM EDT
Looking aournd I've found a boat load of friends with computers, guns, and time. I'm going to start talking up AR15.com and hope you do the same. It would be really nice, now that we have the "Hometown", to let each other know what the shooting schedual is in New England. Some of us shoot VT, NH, and MA. (S&W winter IDPA Classic in Feb , at the S&W factory in Springfield, Ma...go to IDPA.com and get registration info).

There is the AWARE match in July of next year, and the VT state Championship IDPA match in Sept. '03.

IDPA is the first Sat of each month, and IPSC is the second Sun. of each month.

Lots of shooters up this way, and would be nice to start talking.

Let's talk it up and get more connected and political locally, as well as staying involved with GD and the rest of the board.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a lot of AR shooters up here - Maine being the home of Bushmaster, Small Arms Review, SACO Defense, the now discontinued HMHS shoot (which was the biggest MG shoot in the Northeast), etc. I'm only here at home for the time being before I take off to some other part of the world - going active duty military again - different branch though. I'm not sure which we have more of - AR's or Class III weapons here.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear the HMHS might be over in NH this year, J_Smith. Heard anything about that?? A couple of us were suppose to be doing security over there for the weekend.

I'll keep you posted on anything I hear!

Rob
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 2:05:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Man...I really hope we can pull a good sized shoot together in NH this summer. Not having HMHS to look forward to sucks.

Hopefully we can draw "Armed Parking attendant" duty again GMG.

It was a hoot last year!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't be surprised if HMHS has a similar shoot in NH - kind of odd to me considering that they still have a couple years left to use the Dover-Foxcroft gravel pit though. I've missed the MG shoots the last three years being stationed overseas and will most likely miss any one in NH. Hope it happens though for everyone around here. I believe there used to be MG shoots in NH back in the early/mid 1990's. Having one in Maine was convenient as hell since I only had to travel 45 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There are a lot of AR shooters up here - Maine being the home of Bushmaster, Small Arms Review, SACO Defense, the now discontinued HMHS shoot (which was the biggest MG shoot in the Northeast), etc. I'm only here at home for the time being before I take off to some other part of the world - going active duty military again - different branch though. I'm not sure which we have more of - AR's or Class III weapons here.  

My son is an E-6 (Army) and home for the holidays from overseas. He's been out of the US for 3 and a half years now.

Good luck to you where ever you go and watch your back.

Lots of AR's here along with class 3. No problem shooting them here as well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll be a chilly New Englander in under 2 months when I leave from Norfolk for Newport.  Looking forward to a summer shoot.  It'll be nice to not have to worry about melting the plastic furniture in the summer for a change.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'll be a chilly New Englander in under 2 months when I leave from Norfolk for Newport.  Looking forward to a summer shoot.  It'll be nice to not have to worry about melting the plastic furniture in the summer for a change.

Welcome north!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey guys, I am back living in Maine.

I have been lost to what has happened yo the HMHS (been to the last 4) with "ins" on some things.  I party with all of the venders every year every night.

If it IS is NH this comming year, then HELL I'll be there!

DoverFoxcroft is more like 2hours north for me...

I am not paret of aNY range, and never shall I (sorry guys) where I shoot, is just a 70yd open area just off from a road in Buckfield(hint hint).

Anybody withing 50 miles of Minot that wants to "foldle each others guns" (I love saying that) post it, we can meet and shoot somewhere either near you or me.   I have Buckfield (look it up on the gazetteer to determine your travel.

BISHOP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top