Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 7:52:22 PM EDT
I just finished putting the AK together on a Global/Arsenal receiver. First time I've ever had to trim the ejector on a Arsenal receiver! The wood not too good, the metal has a worn finish from the racks, but not shot too much. Finish wise, the kit is a 65 to 70%. Wear wise. 90 to 95%.
I'll shoot it tomorrow. If it functions OK, I'll tear it back down and refinish everyhting!

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn nice Dan, reminds me, I need to finish mine one of these days when I'm not so busy.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Damn nice Dan, reminds me, I need to finish mine one of these days when I'm not so busy.

Same here...cept mine is plum....and its hard to do much of anything when you work 3pm-11:30pm....I hate these hours....only like 77 more days left!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
no cry babies Rat, I'm on the 730am to 6pm monday through thursday shift for a bit, don't know how long it'll last, but I was told I'm doing the special project bullshit, which means its a shit detail.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I shot the SA 85 tonight while over at my friend's house. Several lights came on around the section. I did save them from a threatening round hay bale! You'd think they would appreciate that!
I did a fast mag dump in the dark, no misfires or misfeeds. The gun ran like a top! I'd forgot how short the pull is on those commie block wood stocked AKs! I've got to put some longer wood on it. I've been shooting nothing but folders for so long, I'd really had forgot how short the pull on those guns!
I'm going to restock it and refinish the metal. Should look great when done!
Geez, I love that Alumahyde!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd forgot how short the pull is on the wood!, I've got to put some longer wood on it.

Thats what she said.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd forgot how short the pull is on the wood!, I've got to put some longer wood on it.

Thats what she said.

I've never been told that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top