Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2006 8:51:46 PM EDT
I can't wait to try her out.  It's a DSA STG58 Para carbine with a 16" barrel.  I haven't cleaned it up yet so that's grease all around the safety in the pic.  In the second one it has a 30rd mag from DSA.  I think it's a modified Bren mag but I'm not sure.  Luckily I ordered it right before DSA raised their prices.  Anyways :

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:45:56 AM EDT
[#1]
damn, now I want one.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a jelous bastard........ how do you like the para stock does it lock up tight...
I cant decide if I want a para stock or not......
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a Belgium FN-FAL for a couple of years. If you like a 7.62 NATO caliber battle rifle, the FN is hard to beat. I liked it better than the M-14. I prefer the AR-15 system though due to weight considerations. I was in south Florida at the time and that FN-FAL got very heavy after 5-6 hours of lugging it around in the Everglades. Actually, the AK was my preferred Everglades weapon. Depending on who I was working for though, I couldn't always carry an AK.

Nice looking Para. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm a jelous bastard........ how do you like the para stock does it lock up tight...

The stock locks up very solidly.  I am very impressed with the quality of it.  It's probably the best design of a folding stock I have personally handled.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I like it!

Sure makes me want one!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#6]
bring it to the JTAC Shoot so it gets the proper break in!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The stock locks up very solidly.  I am very impressed with the quality of it.  It's probably the best design of a folding stock I have personally handled.

You suck.......... do you realize the the torture your putting me through

I'm happy for you ...... look forward to hearing how it shoot's ........
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:39:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I just found 2 like new FN-FAL mags. I'm pretty sure it's the kind that fits either an inch or metric receiver. If someone needs some FN-FAL mags or wants to trade me for a couple of AR-15 mags, I'd be game for that.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:37:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just found 2 like new FN-FAL mags. I'm pretty sure it's the kind that fits either an inch or metric receiver. If someone needs some FN-FAL mags or wants to trade me for a couple of AR-15 mags, I'd be game for that.

I would but I bought about 15 mags when I ordered the fal so I don't need any.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice, how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I 'need' one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It was $1310 after shipping and tax.  I had Bob Morris of Morris Sporting Goods order it for me.  I usually just have him do transfers because he only charges $10 but he could order it for me cheaper than anyone else.  I think DSA's prices went up a couple of weeks after I ordered it.  I don't remember the listed price for the STG58 Para then just that $1310 was less than what DSA had on their website.

You know I still have that tannerite handy and 2k of South African surplus if you want to try it out at your ranch sometime.  

I think I'm taking it out to Tri-City this weekend.  There's an arfcom member that'll probably meet me that knows a bunch about FALs.  I know nothing about them really.  I'm sure I can figure out the gas system and all but it's always nice to get tips when your a newbie with something.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was $1310 after shipping and tax.  I had Bob Morris of Morris Sporting Goods order it for me.  I usually just have him do transfers because he only charges $10 but he could order it for me cheaper than anyone else.  I think DSA's prices went up a couple of weeks after I ordered it.  I don't remember the listed price for the STG58 Para then just that $1310 was less than what DSA had on their website.

You know I still have that tannerite handy and 2k of South African surplus if you want to try it out at your ranch sometime.  

I think I'm taking it out to Tri-City this weekend.  There's an arfcom member that'll probably meet me that knows a bunch about FALs.  I know nothing about them really.  I'm sure I can figure out the gas system and all but it's always nice to get tips when your a newbie with something.

that's a good price on it........ i just looked up my price on one ....... how long did you have to wait on it from DSA ?????
that's what's held me back in the past..... i hate waiting on stuff......
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:48:36 AM EDT
[#13]
It took about 8 weeks from the order date.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It took about 8 weeks from the order date.

Thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top